We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paphos with a baby?

Warwickshire...
Level Contributor
22 posts
286 reviews
Save Topic
Paphos with a baby?

Would Paphos be suitable with a 9 month old in September?

Can anyone recommend a decent hotel?

I am bit confused about location and beaches etc where are the sandy beaches in relation to Paphos would that be at Coral Bay?

1. Re: Paphos with a baby?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:05 am, April 09, 2007
England
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Paphos with a baby?

Hi Joanna,

I have been going to Cyprus since I was three (now 32!) and just love it.

Coral Bay is a great place to stay - the beach is sandy and safe, and has a couple of nice little beach bars on it for drinks and snacks.

We have a family villa overlooking the beach and my sisters have always found Coral Bay a great place to take their children, from tiny babies onwards.

September is a lovely month to be there as the intense heat of July & August has died down, but you will still have warm nights.

If you do decide to stay in Coral Bay let me know and I will tell you about good retaurants etc, and can give you info on car hire companies we use.

Now our villa is dominated so many kids, if our dad wants to come on holiday with us he usually stays in the Coral Beach Hotel http://www.coral.com.cy/Coral.aspx which is one bay away (about 5 minutes walk). It has always been lovely when we've been there, but the food and drink is very expensive.

Any questions, just ask!

Best wishes,

Lisa

Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Paphos with a baby?

Hi Joanna,

We were there in Sept. It is HOT-we used factor 20 for the whole holiday. It all boils down to sun awareness (I'm sure your more than aware of this as a mother)Our small children are fair skined so we sat close to shade whilst at the pool & plonked them there to cool off & took regular dips in the water. There were many babies on our complex & most wore the sun protection clothing and stayed in the shade.

Paphos is a lovely place to take children. They are welcomed wholeheartedly everywhere. (it really puts the UK to shame).

We have posted an enquiry on this site ourselves(no replies as yet) about beaches in and around Paphos. We found the ones in Paphos rocky & unsuitable for small children so visited Coral Bay.( I appologise if this was an off day for the beach in advance). We couldn't believe the amount of litter esp. cig. butts in the sand. There is a large area dedicated to sunbeds(which had, as we expected it to have, rubbish etc. It was the area close to the sea which amazed us. It was strewn with stuff(uk beaches weren't a match to this yuck) we left early as a result, but we are back in sept this year so we will try it again as it does seem to be the best sand that we've found in that area(we'll take a mini rake next time-there's nothing worse than your kids picking up debris is there!) I hope you hear of a better one.

I hope that it doesn't sound all doom & gloom. We found that if you choose your hotel wisely, there is little need to go onto the beach. Pools & play areas more than make up for a bit of sand and as I mentioned earlier in my waffle- the attitude of the Cypriot people towards families more than makes up for it.

London
Level Contributor
419 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paphos with a baby?

I agree with the last post about Coral Bay too. I visited last August and I found it very overcrowded and messy. In my opinion Kourion beach was much nicer.

Paphos
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Paphos with a baby?

There is a lovely little beach at Agios Georgios. Very small with just one bar/restaurant right on the beach but when we went it was very clean and quite quiet. It's just a bit further up the coast than Coral Bay.

Also if you go one bay up from Coral Bay there is a nice clean beach there, also very busy though.