We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year- Paphos

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Somerset
Level Contributor
7 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
New Year- Paphos

Am thinking of going to Paphos for New Year and have found a good deal for the Athena Beach, can anyone tell me if there will be much open nearby this time of year as we will only be going on a B and B basis? Also I know the weather won't be hot but what sort of clothing is best. I anyone can give me any info I would greatly appreciate as I'm clueless. Thanks

Cyprus
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year- Paphos

Hi Sunshine! Well Paphos has become an all year round resort so I'm sure most places will be open. It usually gets quite cold at the year end for us cypriots at least :o) Those from colder countries find it quite warm. This year the weather has been strange, it hasn't become "wintery" yet, it's quite warm for this time of year. I suggest layering as far as clothes are concerned. Definitely, bring a warm jacket.

Have fun!

Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: New Year- Paphos

Already booked to spend New Year in Paphos. . Looking for some good nights out without the snow.

What do you call cold over there? Us Northerners need ice and snow before we contemplate wearing a jacket.

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
9 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Year- Paphos

When I lived there, we came back in November and were sunbathing on the 12th day of the month. Generally speaking though, it can be be dull/overcast, with the occassional shower. Temperature is usually around 15degrees plus, but not spectacular. Certainly a lot warmer than UK.

Shops and restaurants can vary, depending on the amount of tourims. I know Limassol used to be quite quiet at that time of year, though during the day, most things remain open.

Paphos, in my humble view was always a place for the older, more disconcerned person, with a lot of expats living around the area. I do recommend hiring a car and visiting Polis and Latchi (aphrodite baths). Polis has a superb restaraunt called Mustakallis!! Top place, lovely service and very reasonably priced.

Have a good one!!

N Cyprus
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: New Year- Paphos

Well Wazmeister,

I have to say that I broke your record, I was sunbathing on Sunday (4th Dec) ...and it was 34C in the sun! I know! .... pretty strange for this time of year ..BUT it does get colder very quickly (especially once the sun goes down).

Put it this way sunshine22 ...the temp dropped from 34C in the sun at 2pm to 17C by 4pm!! So, I would advise you to bring a couple of t-shirts and shorts .. but def trousers and cardi's and a jacket of course!!

Hope you have a great time!!