We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

back to paphos after 15 years

Yorkshire
4 posts
Save Topic
back to paphos after 15 years

Hi all, we're going back for the firat time after our honeymoon 15 years ago. Can anyone tell us what the weather is like from 26 Nov for 1 week ??

Also, we've been to lots of Greek islands and it's ok to visit taverna'a in shorts/t-shirts in the evening. Is that not the done thing in Cyprus these days - and would it be too cold anyway.

We like to eat nice Greek food, are there lots of genuine greek tavernas or is it all international stuff ?

Thanks

N Cyprus
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: back to paphos after 15 years

The weather, over the last couple of weeks has been like tossing a coin .... so its hard to guess. Friends of mine came over a couple of weeks ago and they had 4 days sun and 3 days cloudy ...not very good :( The day after they left was fantastic ... and we had a full week of sunshine (hot enough to enjoy a full day sunbathing and a swim in the sea!!) ..... but I havent told them that (didnt want to upset them, lol)

This week we have enjoyed sun, clouds and tonight watched a lovely thunder and lightening display with rain for a couple of

hrs .... but tomorrow it may be sunny again!! (see what I mean?)

As for evenings .....(even if it has been a glorious day) ... once the sun sets, its cold!!! Most of the taverns etc on an evening are now eating indoors.

I am very sure you will be able to find greek tavernas, most restaurants cater for all (greek/international). Hope this helps a bit :)