We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire

Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Car Hire

In Paphos for New Year and thinking of hiring a car to have a look about.

Any recommendations for car hire over there, or is it better to pre-book?

What are the roads (and local drivers) like - is it safe to venture out and about and perhaps of the beaten track?

Colchester
Level Contributor
507 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Hire

Not been to Paphos, but when we went to Larnaca this year we pre booked with Holiday Autos and got a good deal. Could go 2 ways in the winter either you may get a good deal out there if buisines is low or else they may have mothballed a lot of cars for the winter. I used to live in the east of Cyprus and the roads were fine, good motorways. I beleive they have or are in the process of improving the route through Limassol. Some of the drivers are a bit manic but no worse than where I live in UK. I certainly felt safe on the roads on the little car I used to drive.

Eastbourne UK
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Hire

Hi Jeff,

Just arrived back from Paphos. Had fantastic holiday. Would definately recommend getting a car. We got ours from Petsas via internet. Picked up and dropped off at airport. Roads are great. Once out of Paphos virtually empty roads. Most definately explore. We had fantastic time, exploring Troodos mountains, coastline etc. There are many, many car hire firms in Paphos itself but have no knowledge of charges etc. Anyway, hope you have fantastic time. Wish we were still there exploring.

Eastlakeeich.

Cumbria, England
Level Contributor
670 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Hire

I went high season and also booked with Petsas via the Internet. They were great and cheaper than any travel operator recommended ones. They have an office in Paphos and delivered our car free of charge to our hotel in coral Bay. They also have an office at Paphos aiport so you can collect / drop off cars there.