We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paphos, Cyprus

Birmingham, UK
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Paphos, Cyprus

my family and I are due to travel to paphos but i am at a loss where to stay. I need a hotel where the sand does not have big rocks or stones in. needs to be fine clean sand.

I am looking for an excellent 4 or 5 star all inclusive hotel, where the food is not like being on a conveyor belt and has plenty of choice.

possible on the beach as my son will be 3 years old.

Please can anybody direct me in the right direction?

leeds
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paphos, Cyprus

the only place where the beaches are good in pahos are in the coral bay area. ive been 17 times and would live there tomorrow if i could. havent stayed in the coral bay area though friends stayed in the coral bay hotel. but it is quite far out from the resort of paphos. if you drive it wont be a problem.

Cumbria, England
Level Contributor
670 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paphos, Cyprus

Took a 2 yeardold and a 5 year old to Coral Bay in July and they loved the beach. We stayed ina good 3 star apart hotel right on a sandy beach at Coral Bay - its the Corallia Beach. There is the 5 star Coral Bay Hotel next door but I've heard mixed reviews of it. In Coral Bay itself there is the Crown Resorts Horizon which is a four star but not on the beach and the Ascos Coral Beach which is a 4 star I think. Think the Ascos Coral is also adult only with some companies and again I've heard mixed reviews.

There are plenty of lovely villas in the area if you fancy something different and there are numerous places to eat out that are reasonable. To be honest I have been to Cyprus 7 times and mostly the Coral Bay area and have always been self catering or B&B. The local food is so nice I would feel like I was missing out if I stayed all inclusive

Mentioned in this post
Coral Bay
Coral Bay
Paphos District, Cyprus
Crown Resorts Horizon
Crown Resorts Horizon
202 Reviews
Paphos, Cyprus
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
London
Level Contributor
419 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paphos, Cyprus

Coral Bay was very crowded when we visited, admittedly in high summer. The facilities left much to be desired esp toilets. But Coral Bay seems very popular so it must have something.

The best beach we found in the area was Kourion beach near Limmasol. Big wide sandy beach and in our opinion, much nicer than Coral Bay. It's worth a drive there for the day if you hire a car.

You might be better off finding a hotel with a good children's pool area. There is also a water park at Paphos.

Mentioned in this post
Coral Bay
Coral Bay
Paphos District, Cyprus