We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Athena Royal Beach my recent stay

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jersey and Devon
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Topic
Athena Royal Beach my recent stay

...had a week there recently, so any questions please ask.

Personally during the week of 17th to 25th, contrary to another posters remarks we did not hear of anyone being bumped out of the hotel. This was actually my main anxiety since i had read of this problem by an earlier poster so i did in fact email First Choice with a mega complaint in advance that should it happen to us there would be heck to pay and i also emailed the hotel direct although i have to say i did not get a response from them despite four emails.

As it turned out, it was a superb week despite an injury i sustained the night before making mobility difficult. Staff and guests were very kind.

The staff, to a man (and lady) are superb, nothing is too much trouble, guest relations manageress, restaurant maitre d', wait staff, room attendents, birthdays and anniversary had wine fruit and the door postered and decorated with balloons, nice touch,

air conditioning only comes on at a set time which would be my only slight irritation but that was only because i had to spend a day poorly in my room, ordinarily this would not have been an issue for me

food was superb although desserts became a tad boring, breakfasts were fab, top marks to the omelette/pancake lady!

everywhere is spotlessly clean, calm and enjoyable and staying here you have the advantage of the amenities at the sister hotel if you require a bit more to do

i used the hair salon once just for a wash and blow dry, very effective and reasonable and easy to book early in the week, however when i tried to get an appointment for the wednesday of departure the lady was fully booked two days in advance so ladies book ahead. hubby used the gym but was disappointed to learn that once finished he could not have a sauna as an hours notice had to be given. he was disatisfied with steam room which he used later in week.

everyone we spoke to thought the place was fab and most people we spoke to were on third and fourth visits. I would def return but might consider booking direct with the hotel

1. Re: Athena Royal Beach my recent stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, October 10, 2009