We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in January

leicestershire...
Level Contributor
113 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in January

Hi

I am thinking of taking the family on holiday to Paphos in January, just for a chill holiday. Can anyone advise me of the weather. Will it be hot, enough to relax on the beach? or not that hot.

Thanks Lyn

Mentioned in this post
Paphos
Paphos
Paphos District, Cyprus
Lancashire
Level Contributor
3,500 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in January

Hi Mercedees - my parents spent the whole of January and February in Paphos this year.

The weather wasn't warm enough to spend time on the beach although mum did have a couple of afternoons by the pool (she didn't venture in the water because it was far too cold).

They had rain most days but it was just "spells".

They said that one day would be jacket weather then the next would be T shirt weather then back to jackets again.

I was in the north of Cyprus at the same time in January and the weather was pleasant for working but not what I would want on holiday. Although it wasn't cold by our standards I still wore pants and a jacket every day.

I don't think the weather in Paphos at that time of year is good enough to take the kids for a beach holiday. Perhaps you should be looking at somewhere like the Canaries.

Mentioned in this post
Paphos
Paphos
Paphos District, Cyprus
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
leicestershire...
Level Contributor
113 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in January

Hi Thank you so much for the info, i think i had best try the canaries. Much appreciated.

Lyn

Westhoughton...
Level Contributor
235 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in January

Hello Mercedees,

Before checking out where to stay in the Cannaries, check out the average weather temperatures.

Cyprus is actually warmer, by 1C, but is warmer on average than the Cannaries.

If it is winter sun you are after, then you will have to look further afield, Dubai, Carribean or SE Asia.

The Southern Hemisphere will be in the height of Summer during January.

Cyprus is an all year round resort, particularly Paphos. But you will need Factor 50 cream, but it will be pleasant around 20 C most days but feeling cool at night when the sun has gone down.

Good Luck

Stewart

Mentioned in this post
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Paphos
Paphos
Paphos District, Cyprus
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,553 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in January

Hi,

These 2 sites may help:

Check out this site. In the middle of the page (History & Almanac) you can put in any date from 1996 and it will give you the weather on that given day/week/month

http://www.wunderground.com

Weather2Travel.com is also good & can tell you humidity, hrs of sunshine etc.

Regards

5. Re: Weather in January

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:27 am, September 30, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Paphos