We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in Coral Bay & Peyia Area- Update please!!

Cumbria, England
Level Contributor
670 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants in Coral Bay & Peyia Area- Update please!!

Have been to Cyprus many times but the last time was three years ago. Just wanted to know if some of our old haunts are still there and whether they are still good. We used to go to the following in Coral Bay

Seriani

Palm Grove

Coral King

and in Peyia

Costas Tavern (on the road up to Peyia)

Kyrenia Tavern (more commonly known as Crazy Chris')

Peyia Gate

Can anyone advise whether they are still there and if they are still good places to eat?

Also any other suggestions for eating out? We have two young kids but like to eat traditional greek food mainly so tavernas are ideal. Also does anyone know if the Carob Tree Restuarant in Paphos is still open and what it is like?

Thanks in anticipation of any replies

Fiona

cheshire
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants in Coral Bay & Peyia Area- Update please!!

Sorry don't know about the resturants, but was hopeing that you could hepl me. We are going to a wedding in Cyprus in March 09 and the main wedding party are all staying at the Pafian sun holiday village. As we still want to give the family their our time and also have our own family holiday at the same time, can you please tell me if there are any 5* hotels in the area?, where exactly this holiday village is?, and what the distance the Paphos town is?

Cumbria, England
Level Contributor
670 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants in Coral Bay & Peyia Area- Update please!!

Not exactly sure where Pafian Sun Village is but if it is the one I'm thinking its on the road from Paphos to Coral Bay but nearer to Coral Bay. Not sure about 5 star hotels near there....There is one in Coral Bay, Coral Bay Beach Hotel and a few in Paphos itself but that's a good 15 mins drive out to there. The Hotel St George is somewhere out that way but may not be a five star. I'm probably not the best person to ask as I've never stayed in a 5* hotel, not with two kids!!!

Glasgow, Scotland.
Level Contributor
27 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants in Coral Bay & Peyia Area- Update please!!

Hi there minniefiona, in Coral Bay there is the most wonderful Italian Restaurant run by an Italian family the food is superb with great relaxed service and the Restaurant itself is very comfortable. I cannot for the moment remember the name of it but as you walk along in the 'town' part of Coral Bay looking towards the sea the Restaurant is to your right set back 25 metres from the main road - you cannot miss it. Much recommended for lunch or dinner. When I was in on several occasions there were other Italian families in eating always a good sign. When I remember the name I will post it here.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
3,434 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants in Coral Bay & Peyia Area- Update please!!

Onthecoaster, I think the restaurant you are referring to is the Palm Grove which minniefiona is asking about. The location certainly fits.

In answer to your questions minnie, Seriani, Palm Grove and Coral King are all going strong in Coral Bay (with Seriani being a particular favourite of ours). Unfortuantely can't advise on the ones in Peyia or the Carob Tree.

Glasgow, Scotland.
Level Contributor
27 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants in Coral Bay & Peyia Area- Update please!!

karen1967, you are correct I have just found the Business Card in my folder. It is the Palm Grove Ristorante Italiano (LOcal & International fresh fish dishes - pizza pastas - steaks), Intercoral Shopping Center, Coral Bay, Tel: 26 621 705 e-mail: palmgrove@cytanet.com.cy

I like italian cooking and thoroughly enjoyed my visits to the Palm Grove.

Cumbria, England
Level Contributor
670 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants in Coral Bay & Peyia Area- Update please!!

Thanks to Karen and onthecoaster! Seriani was always a favourite of ours (we even have the T-Shirts sad I know!!). I was just worried that as it is three years since we have been things could have changed. Looks like we can go to all our usual haunts and won't be disappointed. Can either of you recommend any others in that area. (We will have a car so it won't be a problem to get about).

Thanks again

Fiona

Lancashire
Level Contributor
3,434 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants in Coral Bay & Peyia Area- Update please!!

There is one on the road between Chlorakas and Kissonerga called Lemba Taverna. It doesn't look much from the outside but the food is lovely.

There is also one on the road between Coral Bay and Akamas (just at the junction in the road where you fork off towards the right to get to Lara Beach). I don't know the name of it but they have a donkey tied up in the car park and some birds and animals behind). It is a lovely place to go and have lunch. They do all the usual grill items plus pizzas if that's what the kids like.

Will post again when I can gather my thoughts.

Cumbria, England
Level Contributor
670 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants in Coral Bay & Peyia Area- Update please!!

Thanks Karen and Onthecoaster will definately try the two new ones you suggested.

Only 8 weeks to go and its pouring hard here so can't wait!!!!

Goole, North...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants in Coral Bay & Peyia Area- Update please!!

Hi Minnie

We returned yesterday, and went to both Coral King and Seriani, and had very nice meals there , especially CK. The two places we enjoyed the most were Trattoria Lavigna, and Elephant, although these two are slightly more expensive.

I wish I was still there, hope you have fun!

Cumbria, England
Level Contributor
670 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants in Coral Bay & Peyia Area- Update please!!

Hi Booth Family

Thanks for the update, glad you enjoyed it. We are off for three weeks in July!!

Are both the other restaurants you mention on the main road through Coral Bay ( same as Seriani & CK) ? Elephant seems to ring a bell but not the other one. Having said that it's three years since I've been so no doubt new ones will have sprung up?

Anything else that you would recommend either there or in Paphos restaurant wise or to do (we will be travelling with 2 kids age 5 and 9 so suggestions appreciated!!)

Thanks

Fiona

Get answers to your questions about Paphos
Recent Conversations