We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Eating and drinking out really expensive in Paphos

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, England
Level Contributor
35 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Is Eating and drinking out really expensive in Paphos

Hi, I have read some reviews on a site which stated Paphos very expensive to eat, drink etc.

We have been to Protaras in Cyprus a few times a few years ago so booked Paphos to try for a change. Can anyone please advise on what to expect in terms of meal prices, quality and any recommended restaurants as do love our food. Thanks.

Leicestershire
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Eating and drinking out really expensive in Paphos

Hi, As you stroll around Paphos you will see that most restaurants display their prices on the board outside. Take a stroll along the harbour in the evening, check out Theo's their "Kleftico" is amazing. Enjoy your holiday. x

Scotland
Level Contributor
588 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Eating and drinking out really expensive in Paphos

Having been a Protaras junkie for several years we've now,for the time being,started going to the Paphos area.I wouldn't say that it is more expensive,as it is always said on many forums it can be as cheap or as expensive as you want it to be.In Protaras we always liked eating at places like Andama which is a decent restaurant and can be pricier than other places but the food was good so I don't mind paying for it.There are so many places like this in Paphos so you'll be spoilt for choice.The one thing about Protaras is there seems to be more places which do the cheaper set menus which used to keep the bills down and this is something which i personally didn't see too much of.Last year in Coral Bay for 3 of us with starters,main courses and 3 or 4 drinks the bills ranged from £25-£45CYP.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Eating and drinking out really expensive in Paphos

I will be returning in July, first time since the end of the cypriot pound. So will be interesting tpo see how the prices are.

I reccomend a trip to latchi, 40 min drive from paphos.

Try the SEAFARE restaurant. Beautiful fish taverna.

I make sure I go every time I visit cyprus.

Westhoughton...
Level Contributor
235 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Eating and drinking out really expensive in Paphos

Hiya,

I agree with Dave.

Eating out is as expensive as you make it.

Generally, prices are similar to that in the UK.

We like to eat at Sienna's on TOTK Road.

It is more expensive but the food is fresh. The childrens meals are restaurant standard, just smaller portions as opposed to pre-packaged pizza & chips found in lower market "eateries".

Good Luck

Stewart

www.liakada.co.uk

Lancashire
Level Contributor
3,432 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Eating and drinking out really expensive in Paphos

That sounds like a good tip Stewart. I am always disappointed by what is on offer for the children in restaurants (even the children get sick of having the same old choices) and I love the ones that offer child sized portions of the adult menu.

London, England
Level Contributor
35 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Eating and drinking out really expensive in Paphos

Hi everyone, thanks everyone who responded to us trippers.BAT. These were really useful and helpful. We will be going in May and will try out recommended restaurants. Will hopefully go to Latchi, and try out the Seafare as we do like our fish. Thanks again.

UK
Level Contributor
396 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Eating and drinking out really expensive in Paphos

Had a cola and keo in one of the Latchi harbour cafes this week, it cost €8, I nearly passed out, no way did I want to eat there. If you have a car then go up to a taverna in Tala Square, Peyia village - Savvas Grill is lovely, also a nice taverna in Kathikas with a bright light on the top. The quality of food can vary from place to place.

London, England
Level Contributor
35 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is Eating and drinking out really expensive in Paphos

Bobmate, that was a silly price for a beer and a cola £6.60 in sterling (at the current euro rate) and I don't blame you for not eating there. Let's hope that common sense prevails as this tendency to inflate prices may well put tourists off Cyprus.

Midlands
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Is Eating and drinking out really expensive in Paphos

We were in Paphos in the week leading up to this Eatser (21-24 March 2008). It all depends where you want to eat. We didn't find it too expensive. However, there can be some variances in quality! The worst was 'Poco Loco', a Tex-Mex on the outskirts of Paphos town. We arrived and so did the drinks after we ordered. The Budweiser they served was flat and on checking the bottle was out of date in January 2008. The starter (Nachos) arrived, luke warm on the top, and cold on the inside. I went to complaint and the staff were more interested in playing backgammon! When I complained I was made to feel it was my fault complaining that I was being rude! Needless to say we left and went to the Indian restuarant next door which we used twice that week. Best of luck!

London, England
Level Contributor
35 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is Eating and drinking out really expensive in Paphos

Thanks for reply Mejucach. Poco Loco we will give a miss those NACHOS sounded YUK!