We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Hotels at Coral Bay

London, United...
Level Contributor
540 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Beach Hotels at Coral Bay

Hi

We are going to Paphos in May, we are staying in private rented accomodation. Can anyone recommend any of the beach hotels that dont mind you using their facilities as long as you are spending money in them?

Before anyone asks why I did not just book a hotel, it was due to the size of the group and only a couple would be interested in the hotel type facilities.

Thanks

MP

Mentioned in this post
Paphos
Paphos
Paphos District, Cyprus
Scotland
Level Contributor
588 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Hotels at Coral Bay

If it's the Coral Bay area then the Corallia would be a good choice.I doubt you would even have to buy anything as there's no-one really going around checking who's who and from where,although you'd probably feel better if you did buy some drinks and snacks.There's a large grassy area away from the pool but closer to the beach and there's usually plenty of sunbeds here.There's also toilets there where you don't have to walk through the hotel in case you worry that someone knows you don't reside there.

Mentioned in this post
Coral Bay
Coral Bay
4,774 Reviews
Peyia, Cyprus
London, United...
Level Contributor
540 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Hotels at Coral Bay

dav65

Thanks, that sounds good.

Anyone got any other suggestions ?

MP

Lancashire
Level Contributor
3,500 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Hotels at Coral Bay

The Corallia don't mind you using their facilities but they do expect you to pay.

They make a very small daily charge per person and for that you can use the pool, gym, showers, sunbeds, bar and restaurant.

We used the facilities last year and the pool was lovely with plenty of sunbathing space.

London, United...
Level Contributor
540 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach Hotels at Coral Bay

Thanks Karen

Do you remember how much they charge ?

MP

Lancashire
Level Contributor
3,500 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach Hotels at Coral Bay

Sorry Mark I can't remember but I would have remembered if it had been extortionate.

Scotland
Level Contributor
588 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach Hotels at Coral Bay

If it would play on your concious that you are using someone elses facilities then by all means go through the proper channels and walk through the main doors and ask if you can use/pay for the priviledge.If you are planning on doing this for the most part of your stay then it might be the best thing to do.If there are just going to be one or two of you looking for a dip in the pool and some sunbathing then I'm sure buying drinks and snacks would be more than acceptable.I've never been in a hotel other than the one I was staying in anywhere in Cyprus that has stopped me from lying on it's beds or using the pool.As long as you respect the people around you who have paid good money to stay there then you won't have a problem.If you've ever been to Protaras you'll know that all the hotels on the beach get inundated with hundreds of locals from Friday to Sunday taking up sunbeds and filling the pools with kids and I can assure you that many of them are not quiet,tidy or curteous yet the hotels owners do nothing .The thing about the Corallia is you can hire beds on the beach in front of it and go back and forward for a dip in the pool without anyone really knowing you don't stay there.There's a snack bar and toilets/showers on the beach which belong to the hotel(AFAIK) so if you're spending there you're contributing to the hotel as well.

Mentioned in this post
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
Protaras
Protaras
Paralimni, Cyprus
London, United...
Level Contributor
540 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach Hotels at Coral Bay

dav65

It does not bother me at all, and I have been to prottaras. I do not mind paying or spending money in the hotel, I was using a hotel in Marrakech last week (although staying in a Riad) and I would say that myself and my wife were the only people spending money as most people staying there were bringing stuff down with them.

If the hotel was to full then I would not bother anyway, the only reason I asked the question is that some hotels encourage this and some do not and I do not want to have to trot round from one to the other.

As I said we are a large group and it maybe that we want to get away for one or two days, if I wanted hotel facilities for the whole time then that is what I would have booked, I am not trying to ruin anyones holiday but just make the most of mine.

MP

Mentioned in this post
Marrakech
Marrakech
Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region, Morocco
Scotland
Level Contributor
588 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach Hotels at Coral Bay

MP,

reading your post makes me think that you thought I was being rude but I can assure you that certainly wasn't the case.It was really in reply to Karen who said you would be expected to pay and the reference to Protaras was a general statement and not directed to you in particular.My point was if hotels are happy for large numbers of locals to use their facilities 2 or 3 times a week then they shouldn't care too much if other non residents do too.If you wanted to use the gym or the internet,which was free for residents,then yes you had to pay.All I was trying to say was that,in my opinion,if all you wanted to do was spend a bit of time at a hotels pool then I'm sure no-one would bat an eye lid,particularly if you spent money at the bar/cafe.I guess I should have stopped after my original answer.

Mentioned in this post
Protaras
Protaras
Paralimni, Cyprus
London, United...
Level Contributor
540 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beach Hotels at Coral Bay

dav65

If I misread your post I am sorry, with the mention of protarss and the fact that you would not (or never) have used hotels like this, I thought you may be critical of people who do.

Thanks for taking the time to post this info which may also be of use to others.

MP

Scotland
Level Contributor
588 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Beach Hotels at Coral Bay

Sorry,it must have been the way I worded it but I don't see where I said I would never do it,I've done it many times.My only criticism was towards the Cypriots who take over the beach front hotels at the week-ends(Constatinos the Great in particular)with no respect for the paying guests.Tourists like ourselves tend to be a bit embarrassed to use other hotels facilities so sit away in a corner as quiet as mice so that we don't bring attention to ourselves.If there is a large group of you then, like I said before,for your own concience and piece of mind,asking and offering to pay at the hotel might be the best thing to do.If there are one or two of you then I wouldn't bother,buying your lunch and drinks in my opinion is payment enough.

Get answers to your questions about Paphos
Recent Conversations