We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Special meal

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Motherwell
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Special meal

It will be my husband's birthday when we are in Paphos in late March. Can anyone suggest a restaurant where I can treat him to a good Cypriot meal? We like to try local food when on holiday but have not been to Cyprus before. Thanks

Lancashire
Level Contributor
3,433 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Special meal

One of the best Cypriot meze I have ever had was at the Mandra Taverna on Dionysos Street (off Bar Street).

The only drawback was that we had to wait for quite a while from ordering to eating (about an hour. We had our children with us so the wait took the shine off it a bit for us but if you are enjoying a bottle of wine and are in no rush it wont matter to you because the meze just keeps coming and coming and it is good quality. If you want to make a night of it then this is probably a good choice.

Another place we love is the Little Palace which is on a side street between Bar Street and the promenade (close to the Sofiana Hotel). The food is more international in style with the typical Greek choices and we have never had a bad meal there yet.

Westhoughton...
Level Contributor
235 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Special meal

Hiya,

We love Siennas and also Melania which is a traditional taverna on the TOKR.

Try browsing www.paphos-eating.com for more restaurant information.

Good luck.

Stewart

www.liakada.co.uk

newcastle
Level Contributor
262 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Special meal

Take a taxi to Konia (15mins from Paphos) and try the konia Taverna - opposite the church - basic decor but amazing food and very cheap

Liverpool
Level Contributor
59 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Special meal

Hi

if you want a typical cypriot meal try Demokritos, just a the bottom of bar street, good food, and entertainment with Greek Dancing you just need to check that the entertainment will be on at that time of the year. you could also try Othello's a few mins walk from Bar Street, turn right at bottom of bar st past Trata, carry on walking you cant miss it

Mick

Liverpool
Level Contributor
59 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Special meal

Hi

if you want a typical cypriot meal try Demokritos, just a the bottom of bar street, good food, and entertainment with Greek Dancing you just need to check that the entertainment will be on at that time of the year. you could also try Othello's a few mins walk from Bar Street, turn right at bottom of bar st past Trata, carry on walking you cant miss it

Mick

London, United...
14 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Special meal

hi,

Try the windmill restaurant it is a quite, romantic and traditional restaurant. the service is perfect and the food lovely, They are recommended by sunday times and sky t.v. It worths to try it.

Is in Kato Paphos opp. saint pauls pillar church. Treir telephone is 00357 26 933518

A restaurant no to be missed.

Trust me:)

Motherwell
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Special meal

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm sure I'll find the right place amongst them.

8. Re: Special meal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 am, September 17, 2009