We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to go...please help!

9 posts
Save Topic
where to go...please help!

My fiance and I are considering getting married in cyrus and are looking for a hotel (at least 4*) that we can get married in and have a small reception in afterwards. We don't want a private function in the evening, just join in the hotels disco later on in the night. We would like something quite close to one of the larger town as we've got families and young people wanting to attend.

I'm struggling to find a hotel that ticks all the boxes, someone suggested the Alexander the Great or the Grecian hotels - sands/bay/park. Can anyone offer some advice about these hotels or suggest any alternatives?

We've never been to Cyprus so anything you could offer would be a great help

Watford Herts
1 post
Save Reply
21. Re: where to go...please help!

I would recommend Paphos, I got married in Cyprus and stayed at the St George, in fact I visited the hotel again last week!! It still looks as beautiful, there is a small church that you can be married in outside the hotel and I think that the St George will tick all the boxes! If you want to get married in church, you can even be married at the church in the town, which is where the Pillar if St Paul is situated, there is Anglican and Catholic services available. Memories of our wedding and the St George are perfect. Paphos has been developed in the past 9 years and it has alot to offer for all age groups, there is something for everyone. St George also have apartments next door to the hotel, so if some of your guests don't want to stay in the hotel, there is an alternative. Cyprus is a great place !!!!

Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: where to go...please help!

Hi I am a Cyprus and Paphos fanatic and have been going there for over 16 years. I have travelled the world and have now bought a place in Paphos. So there is not much you can tell me about Paphos. The people are the most friendliest in the world, nothing is too much trouble. There is a restaurant on Luna Beach that caters for weddings, the wedding march is piped onto the beach and all the sunbathers stand up a clap the bride and groom and watch them cut the cake. The beachbar is beatifully set up for toasting the bride and groom. Then usually they go into the restaurant with the public for a meal. I have spent many a happy hour watching the proceedings. To me with the backdrop of the ocean it is very romantic. I have witnessed weddings at the Cypria Maris and am attending one at the Ledra Beach in June. I suggest you try to find out from the Tourist Information the name of the restaurant on the beach it is a great setting

23. Re: where to go...please help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:12 pm, January 31, 2007
Level Contributor
135 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: where to go...please help!

I would consider Ayia Napa (even though I also disagree with your travel agent that Pafos is "city-like).

In Ayia Napa for me the BEST place to get married is Nissi Beach Hotel. It is a 4 Star Hotel and your wedding will be ON THE BEACH! I was just there last week and when I saw the scenery I wished I got married there.

Level Contributor
105 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: where to go...please help!

i agree paphos is beautiful and dont be guided by THAT travel agent. Ive been going to Cyprus many yrs (im married to a cypriot) !! We always went towards protaras but thats now like blackpool and forget ayia Napa its really not nice anymore. Pafos has it all really and still being quite upmarket. The Annabelle is nice, but by far for me the best is The Elysium, its a little remote but the service is fantastic and the Hotel is gorgeous.

The beaches apart from coral bay arnt as good as the east side but it makes up for it by not having the lager crowd. I heard the Coral bay resort is really nice too, so good luck, were off back in Aug again. One bit of advice hire a car !! so many nice places to visit and Cyprus is a BIG island !!