We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which hotel Queens Bay, Ledra Beach or Riu Cypria Resort

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
which hotel Queens Bay, Ledra Beach or Riu Cypria Resort

We are planning to go to paphos from the middle of April for a month. What I would like help with is choosing a hotel Queens Bay Ledra Beach, or Riu Cypria Resort.

I like the Queens Bay but it has no beach, but i do not know if we would get on the beach in April. I have also read you are not allowed to take your own kettle as they confiscate them if found.

I like what I read about the Ledra Beach, but when I read reports most say the rooms badly need an upgrade which does'nt matter for a week but a month may depress you if they are so bad.

The Riu Cypria Resort has nice rooms but I don't think any entertainment,and seems to have a wedding a day. Its also a lot dearer than the other two.

Being there for a month we would like some evening entertainment, we are both 60 and love to have a dance and watch a commedian or singer if possible. Daytime we enjoy a game of boules.

has anyone visited the above hotels or can give me advise of a hotel clean with nice furnishings, good food, sea views, and room to lay in the gardens not sun bed touching sunbed.

1. Re: which hotel Queens Bay, Ledra Beach or Riu Cypria Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 3:02 pm, August 13, 2014
St Helens, United...
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
682 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which hotel Queens Bay, Ledra Beach or Riu Cypria Resort

Agree whole heartedly with Hornplayer. Friends of ours stayed at the Queens Bay and were very dissappointed with the location much prefering the location of the Athena's/Ledra. Another one to consider is the Imperial Beach next door to the Athena Royal.

3. Re: which hotel Queens Bay, Ledra Beach or Riu Cypria Resort

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 3:01 pm, August 13, 2014
Level Contributor
18 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which hotel Queens Bay, Ledra Beach or Riu Cypria Resort

Avoid the Queens Bay which is a basic 3 star hotel in the middle of nowhere interesting. Stayed there at Xmas. Won't go again.

newcastle
Level Contributor
259 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: which hotel Queens Bay, Ledra Beach or Riu Cypria Resort

I have stayed at the Athena Beach a few times and they have quite a bit of entertainment every evening, there is usually a singer in the bar and there is also bingo or quiz nights, the food is excellent - buffet style and a great selection, they also have their own outdoor bowling green.

My parents have stayed at the Paphian Bay and loved it - it is a 3* so cheaper than Athena Beach but they are both Constantinou Bros Hotels so tea/coffee kettle are provided. Both hotels are on the beach and have extensive gardens with plenty of room for sunbeds

hope this helps

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
187 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: which hotel Queens Bay, Ledra Beach or Riu Cypria Resort

We stayed at the Ledra Beach 2 years ago both in our late 50's

The food was excellent the Rooms a bit tired but allways clean.

The great thing about this hotel if something is wrong or you need something just ask at reception and it will happen.

7. Re: which hotel Queens Bay, Ledra Beach or Riu Cypria Resort

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, September 21, 2009