We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Online check in at Manchester

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wales
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Topic
Online check in at Manchester

Having only ever holidayed with a package tour operator, we have taken the plunge and booked flights & apartments independantly. Being new to this I am getting nervous about EVERYTHING. Will the car we have hired be at the airport, will the villa be what we expect...etc...I won't go on! Believe me I could!

We are flying British Airways from Manchester and I have got e-tickets. They say we can pre-book seats a couple of days before we set off. Is that easy enough to do? And what's the procedure at the airport if we check-in online the day before? Does that mean that we just go straight to passport control and not stand in the horrendous queues? Anyone reading this must be thinking I'm thick, I'm not, it's just new to me. Many thanks for any help you can give.

lake district...
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Online check in at Manchester

The BA terminal is the quiet one.Simple to do just take a copy of your booking,either hand in or use the electronic gate.Unlike Charter queues,BA have plenty of desks open,no waiting.

You will never go back to the package holiday after doing it this way.Enjoy,it is alot more relaxing.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Online check in at Manchester

Listen to Leica. So easy you will always want to travel independently. What is the area of your villa - there may be people on this forum who can give you advice of the area and probably the villa itself - most unlikely to you will get a "rough" villa - most are to a very high standard. If you have booked a car to pick up from the airport it will be there - they need your business - e mail them beforehand to confirm!

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
2,939 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Online check in at Manchester

No one will think your thick, sometimes the so called easy questions are the ones we all want to ask but dare not for fear of being embarrassed.

chesterfield
Level Contributor
158 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Online check in at Manchester

Hi there - have travelled indepently twice now, both with BA from Manchester. Easy to check-in on line the day before, but you still have to go to the check-in desks - there will be a separate queue for those already checked-in. No queue at all last year, but a bit of a one this year - not too long. We had a villa this year at Latchi, from Chriseleni villas - really great and luxurious, nothing too much trouble for them. Would greatly recommend - they have a website. We have found all hire companies very reliable. Don't worry - everything will be ok and you will have a fab time !!!

Wales
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Online check in at Manchester

Thank you all so much. I will sleep soundly now....until I think of the next worry.

I'll post again when that turns up! HAPPY TRAVELLING

Lancashire
Level Contributor
3,432 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Online check in at Manchester

We haven't used a tour operator for years. Just relax and bask in the knowledge that you have probably saved yourselves a FORTUNE by piecing your holiday together yourselves.

If you have chosen your own accommodation then you will probably have trawled the web to find something that ticks all your boxes so you are unlikely to be disappointed.

Just treat it all as one big adventure. Don't underestimate your own capabilities. You CAN go on holiday without having a spotty 18 year old in an ill fitting skirt and blouse holding your hand!

Merseyside and...
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Online check in at Manchester

That's the way! We have done it many times.

Hint - go on to "Manage my Booking" 24 hrs before departure and you will be able to select your own seats/print boarding pass. We have often found extra leg room seats are available at no extra charge.

PS are you going with GB airways or after they have been taken over by EasyJet?

Nos Dda Iawn ar Llanuwchllyn/Merseyside

Wales
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Online check in at Manchester

Thanks to everyone.

Glasambyth, didn't know Easyjet were taking over GB. What date will this be, we are travelling late June? Do you know if it will affect our booking?

Merseyside and...
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Online check in at Manchester

Hi WalesSets

EasyJet take over the franchise at end of March 2008 so you will be flying with them.

EJ and GB have assured all parties that booked flights will be honoured. I would double check though if I were you on sites of both.

Regards

London, United...
Level Contributor
178 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Online check in at Manchester

If you have checked in online, you need to find the Fast Bag Drop desk to drop off your luggage & BA will check your passport.

If you have a confirmation number from the car rental company, you do not need to email to reconfirm.