We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

paphos

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
cambridge
Level Contributor
321 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
paphos

going to paphos in sept 08 staying at tasmaria appt is it along walk to the centre of paphos and are they any nice beaches around and has anyone stayed at the appartments

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,139 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: paphos

Hi,

Unsure where those appts are but the best beach is in Coral Bay.

Regards

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: paphos

Hi Lui46

I agree with Nephthys Coral bay is probably the best one, there is a small one next to the Alexander the great hotel but as I said small

kev

Leicester,England
Level Contributor
174 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: paphos

Hi Lui46,

If im being really honest i can remember the asmaria Apts and they didnt look to good...

Your right in the middle of Paphos Town near all the fast food joints/clubs/pubs...

Your quite a drive from Coral Bay, (where i stayed) you'd need to get the bus or hire a car!

My Brother had a late deal and was put in the Tasmaria and he thought it was awful, but hey it was a last deal!

Sorry if im being brutaly honest, but thats what this site is for!!

Hope you like it tho...

Happy New Year

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
3,439 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: paphos

Hi these apartments are on the Tomb of the Kings Road. When we were there they were family run and some of the rooms had been refurbished. Pool area was a bit tired but overall for the price not bad and quite friendly staff. Very handy for buses either to Paphos Town or Coral Bay- walking to Paphos Harbour about 20-25 minutes. Supermarkets nearby.

Paphos area not known for its beaches, Coral Bay Beach large but lines and lines of beds. You can find small bays if you ask around.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: paphos

I don't know the apartments, but I know their location. The nearest beach is probably "Lighthouse beach", this is a bit shingly and rocky in the water.

Coral Bay is miles away. If you do go there go to the first beach after the bus turns off the main road, signed "the original Coral Bay beach", I agree that the beach in front of the Alexander the Great hotel is small (in fact it can disappear at high tide), but 100 yards further on is a lovely beach with sunbeds, beach bar etc. This is also a bus ride from the apartments but much nearer (and in my opinion nicer) than Coral Bay. Get the bus (15 I think) towards the "CTO plage" and get off at the Aloe Hotel. Cross the rioad, walk through the car park and down the steps to the municipal beach.

cumbria
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: paphos

HI THEREim staying in same apartments for 2 weeks in sept my son is in a hotel getting wed in the chapel finding the distance from appartment to chapel is proving a nightmare.read up on a few sites about the apartments mostly good feedback. if u happen to be told of a good beach nr by plz get back to me ... thanks moira

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
3,439 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: paphos

Hi taralouise where is your son getting married ?

cumbria
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: paphos

hiya in the small old fashioned chapel in kato not sure of the name theres prob more than one will ask him when i next see him. hes staying at the anthena beach hotel .

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
3,439 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: paphos

Its probably the church of St Paul the Pillar which is near the town centre. We attended a wedding held there a few years ago and some of the guests stayed at Tasmaria, while we stayed in an apartment nearby. On the day we got taxis to the church but you are handy for everything. Remember it will be HOT in Sept so pick your outfits accordingly ! Will send you message re beaches etc.

cumbria
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: paphos

hi yes thats the church how far do u think that is from tasmaria? do u have any pics of the area? yes shorts for us all i think wonder what my son will say if i turn up to church in them haha.