We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Constantinou Hotels all seem to be the same!

Manchester
2 posts
Save Topic
Constantinou Hotels all seem to be the same!

I have just read the reveiws by esco007 and bearlea regarding their stay at the Athena Hotel.I haven't stayed there but have stayed at the Pioneer Beach and Paphian Bay and they seem to have the same problems.

The majority of the staff at these hotels are eastern european,because they cost less than to employ than Cypriots,and I think this is the problem.They are paid very little so do as little as they can get away with.Most of them are rude and arrogant,until you are going home then they are your best friend because they want a tip.The other problem is there is not enough staff.The hotels are run on a shoe string,but you pay top price to stay there.

Just because you have paid extra for a sea veiw does not mean you will get one.Our friends paid for a sea veiw at the Paphian Bay in September and were given a room on the ground floor.When they complained to the reception manager,who makes a joke out of everything, he said they could see the sea through the trees.This is not acceptable,if you pay for something and don't get it,this to me is theft. These hotels are expensive to start with,if you pay for a sea veiw you should get one,or your money back.Try getting it!! When they accept your booking they know how many rooms they have available with sea veiws,if these rooms are aleady booked they should be honest about it,not take your money and then treat you like an idiot.I would advise everybody who is unhappy with any aspect of their holiday at these hotels,or others,to complain,and if they take no notice complain until they do.After all we wait all year for our holiday and pay a lot of money for it,so it should be right. You wouldn't accept this type of shoddy service from anybody else so why accept it on holiday.The more people complain the sooner the hoteliers and holiday companies will have to do something about it.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,226 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Constantinou Hotels all seem to be the same!

Hi,

We stayed at the Athena ROYAL Beach & had no such problems. I'm not disputing or belittling what the O.P says & agree that we would have been disappointed had we had such problems, but we didn't. Just needed to mention the Royal Beach as it's also a Constantinou hotel.

Regards

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
682 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Constantinou Hotels all seem to be the same!

Wow, those reviews must have really upset you. I’ve read them and noted how others have rated them, not very highly, and neither did it.

One was unhappy with unfulfilled promises of an animation team for her child, even though I can’t find mention of this facility on either First Choice or Athena Beach websites. Can you find any reviews on here that rave about the children’s animation programme, because I can’t? She should complain to First Choice and have researched her choice of hotel better. But at least she got the sea view she requested.

The other reviewer thought it too far out of Paphos and out-of-date – most reviews on here would have told him how far it was and that it’s looking its age – well why didn’t he stay more central at say, the Annabelle, probably because the price of a sea view is extortionate.

Their holidays just didn’t match up to their expectations and perhaps they would have had a better holiday at another property if researched a little more than they did, but to blame the Eastern European staff is just ridiculous.

Midlands
Level Contributor
228 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Constantinou Hotels all seem to be the same!

It seems that everyone is different - no two people will have the same opinion of a place and many base their views on comparisons to other places they have stayed I am sure - we must remember this and it must be true as the next review down after these is one from a poster "victor - poole UK" which says the athena royal beach is superb with fantastic staff !??!

4. Re: Constantinou Hotels all seem to be the same!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 am, September 14, 2009