We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunbed allocation at Alexander the Great hotel

England
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sunbed allocation at Alexander the Great hotel

We are visiting Alexander the Great Hotel next August, and have been reading the reviews since we booked. We were just wondering what everybody means by sunbed allocation- do they allocate you sunbeds without you getting a say when you arrive? Also, do they provide beach towels for you when you're there?

Does the hotel have an entertainment team that spend the day by the hotel and what is the night entertainment like?

Thankyou!!

Derby, UK
Level Contributor
913 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunbed allocation at Alexander the Great hotel

Hi Rachie

It's a fantastic hotel - you've made a good choice!

When you arrive, head straight down to see the Pool Attendant and he'll show you which sunbeds are free at that moment in time. You then to choose which ones you want. You can change your mind - we did a few times. If there's a particular spot you want, keep asking the Pool Attendant if anything's free in that area until you get what you want. The main change over days are Wednesdays / Sundays, so you're more likely to get what you want if you ask on these days.

Yes, beach towels are provided by the hotel - they are left in your room.

There were activities laid on during the day but I can't remember what they were as we weren't interested in them . The evening entertainment is geared up to the older guests, e.g. pianists/dancing.

Here's my trip review, if you've not already seen it:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g190372-i9179-k861…

Enjoy! U2fan

2. Re: Sunbed allocation at Alexander the Great hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, September 10, 2009