We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trips in Paphos

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
scotland
Level Contributor
13 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Trips in Paphos

Hi there, I am going to stay at King Jason Appartments on 31st October for a week. We are hiring a car for 3 days. What trips is there to dao where we could go by car? Where is the best beach also ?

Thanks very much

lake district...
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trips in Paphos

The mountains are a must.Curium beach is the best on the island.Very shallow and safe to swim,great waves,good tavernas on the beach.Above the beach is the amphitheatre and Roman villa remains.From Paphos it is a twenty minute drive by quiet dual carriageway.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,123 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trips in Paphos

Hi,

Coral Bay beach is also a good one.

We hope to return to Paphos next yr & will hire a car to revisit some of the places we saw this last July. There are some lovely mountain villages, (where wine is made) as well as those away from the coast. We also visited Nicosia & Kyrenia & did undersea walking at Coral Bay:

www.underseawalkers.com.

Ditto with Curnium & Troodos Mountains; remember it can get quite cool up in the mountains in comparison to being down by the coast.

Regards

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
137 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trips in Paphos

hi , try the polis/akamas area.

polis is a lovely little town with a very nice central square which has a good choice of restaurants, whilst the akamas area is beautiful countryside perfect for a drive round.this area is about an hours drive from paphos

while you have the car try the farmyard restaurant in kathikas for a superb evening meal ( if you put farmyard kathikas into your search engine , the 2nd site down is the restaurant's own). the meze here is superb, don't eat before you go!! . the spare ribs are another of my favourites here but they can get verry messy - don't wear a white shirt!

London
Level Contributor
419 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trips in Paphos

Hi

The best beach is Kourian (or Courian) along the coast. Nice drive towards Limassol. Forget the motorway and take the coast road instead. Stop at Aphrodite's rock on route, not far out of Paphos. It's a lovely spot. The ancient site at Kourian, high up on the cliffs, is worth visiting. Even if you are not a history buff you can't fail to be impressed by the mosaics and the amphitheatre with it's panoramic views.

Nicosia is a fair drive (about 2+ hours if I recall correctly) but the old city within the fortified walls is interesting and you can cross into northern Cyprus (take your passport).

The Troodos mountains can be another trip. Nice villages and nice views.

In Paphos there is a tourist centre which has free maps and leaflets with ideas of places to visit,

scotland
Level Contributor
13 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trips in Paphos

Thanks all for all your help. I will certainly take the information on holiday. Any recomendations on the best guide book on Cyprus to get? Has anybody been in November before?

lake district...
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trips in Paphos

Forget the guide book.Kath on this forum seems to have all the relevant info on the island.November can be lovely during the day.A little chilly in the evenings.Tourist information offices are also good places to visit for more up to date information.

scotland
Level Contributor
13 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trips in Paphos

Who is Kath? Im hoping we will get some sun during the day. Has anybody been to the King James Appartments?

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,123 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trips in Paphos

Hi,

She is the local expert for Cyprus on this forum. If you put her name in the search engine of the forum, which is located just above the title of your original post, you'll connect to several previous threads with which she has been involved. If you click onto her name (or anyone's) you'll be taken to a screen whereby you can send a private message (ie a PM)

You can use the search engine to put in key words on all sorts of subjects to see previous thoughts & opinions.

To check if you have any PMs look at the very top of your screen, on the green strip, on the right, where it says, "Welcome chalky625" & see if there is an envelope icon. Click it & it will take you to your new msgs. I'll send one thru so you can see how the process works : )

Regards

scotland
Level Contributor
13 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trips in Paphos

Fantastic, thanks so much for your help i shall see if i can look at posts Kath has replyd to.

10. Re: Trips in Paphos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:22 am, September 11, 2009