We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

quad bikes

swindon
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
quad bikes

Hiya, we are looking into going to Paphos in October but just wandered if anyone knows if they have quad bikes to hire toride round the island as opposed to going on an organised trip.

Sarah

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,175 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: quad bikes

Hi,

We didn't see any places to hire quads for actually going round the island but did see a couple of places to go quad biking. We stayed just outside Paphos at the Athena Royal (about 20mins walk to the harbour). One quad place was Roskos Karting Centre, opo the Pioneer hotel, nr Aphrodite WaterPark. Their tel no is 00357 99613050, which looks like a Cypriot mobile no.

Regards

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
3,563 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: quad bikes

There is a company called Wheelie Cyprus based in Polis/Latchi area which hires quads - not sure you can ride around Paphos on them though !

UK
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: quad bikes

In Napa there are alot of places you can hire quad bikes, I can't see why Paphos would be any different

Greenock, Scotland
Level Contributor
79 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: quad bikes

Please be warned re Quad Bikes..............................On my last trip to Paphos I noticed that there seemed to be more Quads than there previously had been. I thought at the time that that was a good thing as they may have been safer than motorcycles.

A few weeks later my son and a group of friends went off to Malia, Greece, some of the boys hired Quads and withing a few minutes one of the boys had come off and hit a wall and a tree, he ended up in hospital for the remaining 8/9 of his holiday and beyond. His parents had to find the money to fly out to be at his side as he was unconcsious for 3/4 days and he required to be flown home in an air ambulance at a cost of just over £20,000. His holiday insurance was invalidatd due to fact that he merely hired the thing at all and his parents were forced to re-mortgage to afford the costs. As a result of his accident he will be left with one leg upto 3 inches shorter than the other.

I can confirm that the accident was not due to drink or recklessness, it seems the quad hit a bump on the road and flipped over as the suspension on these machines are designed to give give assitance back to front, there is no sideways suspension making them more likely to flip over sideways, as happened in this case.

Please be warned and take care.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: quad bikes

Cheaper to hire a jeep than quad bikes and safer too. In May in Pernera quad bikes were 45CYP per day - you can hire a jeep for about 18CYP per day (or even less in October)

When it comes to scooters, motorbikes & quad bikes no-one bothers to read the small print in the insurance documents. Basically if you have an accident, even if it is not your fault, you are responsible for the repairs to the bike.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
3,434 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: quad bikes

My husband and son rented a two seater quad bike for a day in Paphos on our recent holiday. The bike was a proper two seater as opposed to a one seater with a ledge at the back to take another person.

The company they hired it from did organised day trips too.

The company was owned by two British guys who prided themselves on the safety aspect of hiring quad bikes (they knew of companies who hired to minors who didn't even have driving licences in Paphos). If you want to look first the website is www.funbuggycyprus.com.

My husband would have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone.

Birtley, United...
Level Contributor
362 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: quad bikes

Hi,

You can see cyprus in a PGO buggy these are great just like little beach buggies for 2 people there was loads of them in June while we were out there, loads of places to hire them from.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
3,434 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: quad bikes

Those buggies are so much fun. Only problem is they are so noisy and the vibration is enough to loosen your teeth!!!!

We hired one a couple of years ago and I have never laughed so much. We got back and I showered at least two pounds of sand and grit out of my hair.

Why not give it a try...

Essex UK
Level Contributor
49 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: quad bikes

we thought the buggies looked good, but they are not for exploring the island, and we were quoted £40 per day. I would definately recommend an open top jeep, cheaper, safer, and no trouble up the mountains.

Midlands
Level Contributor
228 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: quad bikes

Are there lots of people on quads / scooters in and around paphos / harbour area - when we went to crete this year the place was overrun with them and it can be quite annoying when they are riding around places which are supposed to be pedestrianised

Get answers to your questions about Paphos
Recent Conversations