We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day trips to Egypt by air

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
worcestershire
Level Contributor
11 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
day trips to Egypt by air

We are due to holiday in the Coral Bay area later in the year. We have heard you can visit Egypt for the day by air from Paphos. Has anyone done this trip? Was it good? Who organised it? any reccomendations/advice/info would be welcome. thanks.

Kent
Level Contributor
15 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: day trips to Egypt by air

Hi there,

Just returned from Paphos and we did the 1 day flight to Cairo! We booked it with the tour opeator, so may be a little more expensive than booking with a local company, but then not sure they'd cram in quite as much!

It was an excellent day, but very, very tiring! Also very hot and stuffy at times, but a lot of places visited did have air-con. Not for the unfit!!

We arrive at Cairo at 9am, (50 min flight from Paphos), heading straight for the pyramids and Sphynx. You have an armed guard with you at all times - dressed in a suit! Also a tour guide - not tour rep. Paid 4 CYP to go inside the largest pyramid. Quite an experience, but again very hot and stuffy you are bent double for most of it!! You only get about 45 mins there and about 30 mins or so at the Sphynx. Stunning! Next onto 5 star Le Meridien, Pyramids for a 3 course buffet lunch. Next onto the a Gold shop and then papyrus factory. Then onto the Cairo Museum - again we paid 12 CYP to go inside the Mummy Rooms - 2 of them. Well worth doing! Then onto the Nile Cruise, which was again a buffet type meal, with live singing, belly dancing and Whirling Dervisher!!. Next into old Cairo, to see the old market place - which was packed beyond packed with people! 22 Million people live in Cairo apparently and there are 4 million cars on the road - all at once it seems - has to be seen to be believed!!

All in all, was a great experience and would recommend it to all.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: day trips to Egypt by air

Hey

Im also going cyprus (paphos) in a weeks time, about how much can i expect to pay for this trip with the travel agents???

Kent
Level Contributor
15 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: day trips to Egypt by air

We paid around £241 UKP - which am sure at least 1 person on here will say is extortionate!! - but I think it was fair when you take into account all the costs, incl things like flights, armed guard, tour guide, staff/entertainment on cruise, entry fees, food etc

Kent
Level Contributor
15 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: day trips to Egypt by air

Sorry that £241 UKP each!

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: day trips to Egypt by air

thanks for the reply, i might have to give it a miss then lol, i didnt think it would be that expensive, for me and my girlfriend it would use up like nearly half our spending money!!!

worcestershire
Level Contributor
11 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: day trips to Egypt by air

boltonlad, you can do a mini cruise to Egypt which is a little cheaper but of course takes up a couple or so days out of your holiday. Last time we visited Cyprus, a few years ago it has to be said, we did the mini cruise to the Holyland, a great experience visitng all the main sights, it was well worth the visit something to remember for many years and wasn't that expensive.

Aberdeen
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: day trips to Egypt by air

Me and my boyfriend took this trip last year and we were lucky to only pay £190 because Olympic had a special deal on. Its well worth the money tho, £241 isn't all that bad when u think you have return flights and your lunch and your evening meal are included. Although i was slight disappointed at the fact we had to pay out more money to get into the mummy's room at the museam and also to get inside the great pryamid (sp). All in all a trip thats well worth doing!

Wicklow, Ireland
Level Contributor
231 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: day trips to Egypt by air

Daytrip was 410Cyp.pounds with a company in Cyprus for 2 last October.Cant remember the name but it begins with Sea---.I'd say anyone at your hotel will be able to tell you.

Kent, England
Level Contributor
791 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: day trips to Egypt by air

Sea Island is the tour agency we went with although we booked through Airtours. I can't recommend this trip highly enough, it was the best day trip I've ever been on, and I would do it again if given the chance.

We were lucky as we went in March and it wasn't as hot as the summer. Check the itineraries of the trips as they are not all the same.

There are some older threads on this subject, with many posts (including mine ) about the pros and cons. Just search a few key words and you will get lots of info.

kivo
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: day trips to Egypt by air

I am going to cyprus in 6 weeks time and would like to go on the day trip to egypt, has anyone been this year and could give me any info on price and their experience of this trip