We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cash machines

Level Contributor
65 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Cash machines

Can anyone advise if there are available ATM's within the vicinity of Riu Cypria Bay Hotel, as we are going there this time next week and would prefer to use these rather than order up local currency from UK banks.

Any other tips would be most appreciated.

Vic & Janette

1. Re: Cash machines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:10 pm, June 19, 2007
Lancashire
Level Contributor
3,434 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cash machines

Hi Mouton - just a word of warning, our cash cards were cloned in Paphos two years ago at an ATM outside a bank on the main road and we had about £1200 taken out of our accounts. Just make sure you exercise caution (check for anything that looks odd, shield your hand when you put in your PIN) and you should be OK.

Wicklow, Ireland
Level Contributor
231 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cash machines

As you walk towards the harbour on Poseidiones ave there are banks with cash machines.

Level Contributor
65 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cash machines

Thanks to all for the replies. I did see your earlier posts Karen about the cloning, but I suppose it goes on everywhere huh? We had this happening up here (Aberdeen) recently with a gang of Albanians.

Looking forward to the trip and my daughters wedding too. Hope the weather stays nice ;o)

cleveland
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cash machines

Hi Vic & Janette

There are numerous ATM machines & there is one outside the Bank of Cyprus opposite the Athena Beach Hotel which is close to where you are staying.

We decided for our trip last September to take less cash with us & use the ATM machine's as we had noticed how widely available they were however a word of warning, our cards were blocked as the fraud department for our bank (Barclays) had a lot of reported fraud from Cyprus and were suspicious of the cash advances going through. Our fault, we should have notified them before we went away as this would have prevented this from happening. The problem was quickly sorted out once they were happy it was us doing the spending but i would suggest you let your bank know your intentions before leaving just to avoid any hiccups!

Level Contributor
65 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cash machines

Cheers Patsy, info much appreciated. I've now contacted my branch to let them know where I'm going and to monitor the situation should there be any problems or dodgy transactions going on.

Thanks again

7. Re: Cash machines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, September 01, 2009