We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday in Paphos area next spring 2018

Pevensey, United...
Level Contributor
89 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday in Paphos area next spring 2018

Hi we are an older couple who like swimming in pool and calmish seas. Spring ot Autumn 2018 when not very hot

We'd like

a comfortable friendly hotel - quietish

one or 2 pools

room in grounds for loungers etc

restaurant - with good fo0d , light food , (not pub grub)

don't mind all in clusive , enjoy buffet but not priority

airport not too far from hotel but not under flight path

access to some historical sites ( toturs or DIY)

any size but quite like small if above available

places to walk to or village and town shops to walk to

on bus route if poss

Many thanks hope that gives a flavour

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri, Protaras, Paphos, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
48,070 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday in Paphos area next spring 2018

I think you probably need to be aware that Spring is still quite cool in Cyprus and that most hotels don't heat their pools so they are too cold to swim in - ditto for the sea.

Hotel pools and sea not really warm enough until May.

Autumn is different because the sea has had a chance to warm up, although by mid October the pools are getting chilly again.

Paphos is a large town and has many different areas to it, it also has lots of historical sites.

A budget will really help people to guide you and you haven't specified whether you want high end 5* or are looking for something at the more budget conscious end.

I wouldn't opt for all inclusive as it has a really negative impact on the local economy and there is so much choice for reasonable places to eat out that it would be a shame to tie yourself to an AI plan.

Pevensey, United...
Level Contributor
89 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday in Paphos area next spring 2018

Thanks . Useful info tog et the search going .

Maybe September then, for swimming. Or check with hotel re swimming in Spring. I have swum in the English channel already this year (wetsuit) and pool mid Atlantic in March !!

Hotel listing 3 * - 4* probably. But not high end or classy dressing for dinner

Get your point re all inclusive , I have to watch what I eat and in Grenada we always go for all inclusive I'll check on this.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri, Protaras, Paphos, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
48,070 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday in Paphos area next spring 2018

Take a look at the hotel listing site on here. Not suggesting you book that way, although you can, but it does have a great search facility to narrow things down and each hotel page has reviews and a really good interactive map so you can check locations.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotels-g190384…

4. Re: Holiday in Paphos area next spring 2018

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 25, 2018