We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking for exploring the walled city

Which Nicosia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,658 posts
236 reviews
Save Topic
Parking for exploring the walled city

We intend to come to Nicosia in early March and take a day to explore the old city on both sides. I have an idea of directions once I leave the motorway but would appreciate an update on the parking situation. Is it worth considering parking within the walls opposite the Holiday Inn or would this be too busy? What is the cost of a full days parking?

cyprus
Destination Expert
for Nicosia
Level Contributor
321 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking for exploring the walled city

At this map you can see the municipal parking spaces in Nicosia:

nicosia.org.cy/el-GR/discover/citymap.aspx…

Opposite Holiday Inn is a good option. Also D' Avila is a good option if Holiday Inn is full.

For a full day (10 hours is the max) the cost is 5 euros.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,658 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking for exploring the walled city

Thank you, that is very helpful

Nicosia, Cyprus
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking for exploring the walled city

When you enter Nicosia, follow all the way straight. You do not have to turn anywhere. You will enter the main road which is called Makarios III Avenue. Pass Debenhams which is in front of you (right corner) on a set of the traffic lights and keep on straight until the next set of traffic lights. keep on straight and after approximately 200 on your left (just after Marks & Spencer) there is a big Parking place (KTIMACO) with barriers, asphalt and cameras so your Car will be protected. it is open 24 hours.

From this parking place you can walk towards a NEW tall building (pigeon holes) and there you will Cross to the NEW pedestrian bridge (over the Walls) that connect the old and NEW city. You will walk through the Town Hall and in 5 minutes (from parking place) you are in the old city.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,658 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking for exploring the walled city

Thank you AlecJor, most helpful, I would prefer to park somewhere from where I can rejoin the motorway easily. I had not heard of this pedestrian bridge, from your directions I assume it is near the D'Avila bastion?

cyprus
Destination Expert
for Nicosia
Level Contributor
321 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking for exploring the walled city

Yes, it is just next to the D' Avila Bastion. Still easy to rejoin the motorway...

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,658 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking for exploring the walled city

Yes, that's what I was thinking, it looks very straightforward.

Any idea of cost for a days parking, is it the same as the municipal at 5eu?

cyprus
Destination Expert
for Nicosia
Level Contributor
321 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking for exploring the walled city

Yes, this is also a municipal parking place, so it also costs 5 euros.

Nicosia, Cyprus
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Parking for exploring the walled city

As harrisalk mentioned the pedestrian bridge is next to D'avila Bastion. It is a NEW bridge because Eleftheria Square which was the main Connection from the old to the NEW city is under Construction and you cannot go through now. so I believe this is the best way.

The parking place I was mentioning is private but I think the charge is 5 or 6 euro for a day.

9. Re: Parking for exploring the walled city

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, February 20, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Nicosia