We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

horse racing

Which Nicosia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
essex
Level Contributor
35 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
horse racing

visiting cyprus again in May. Have found mention on the internet of the Nicosia racecourse, but very poor driving directions. It looks like they have a meeting twice a week - does anyone have any knowledge of this - we have been to cyprus many times but never heard of this, but being racing fans we would love to give it a try

cyprus
Destination Expert
for Nicosia
Level Contributor
321 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: horse racing

Try www.nicosiaraceclub.com.cy , it gives some info.

If you need to know anything more specific, please let me know, I 'll try to figure out...

essex
Level Contributor
35 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: horse racing

Thanks for that - for some reason the map on the website doesn't open on my computer - I think i will probably get an up to date map of the area before we travel or maybe ask in the hotel . Has anyone been to this racecourse?

Troodos Mountains...
Destination Expert
for Troodos Mountains
Level Contributor
1,075 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: horse racing

I have not been to the racecourse and I have looked at the the web site map, it is an appalling map and I know the area.

I suggest if you are coming to Nicosia on the A1 motorway leave at Junction 3, just after the football stadium, stay in the left lane as it becomes a feeder lane keeping you away from the roundabout, join the dual carriage way heading westish. Go straight at 2 sets of traffic lights and 2 large roundabouts, you will see Jumbo store on your right. You will come up to the third roundabout and take the first exit left and join the A9 motorway, take the exit to Egkomi or Makadonitsa (something like that) it is a bit messy and not that well signed but only a short distance along the motorway around 300 - 400 metres. There are one or 2 previous minor exits which complicate matters. Go under the motorway (right turn). Follow road until a roundabout with artistic pipes, you are going more or less straight across. You turn left shortly after you see Honda garage signs to your right. This road leads to the racecourse but I have not driven the last bit as I go to the Honda garage for car servicing.

If coming from the west along the B9 A9 the exits have sprouted numbers in the last few days which may not be on maps. I think it is exit 93 and turn left at the roundabout (feeder lane in) and follow as above.

essex
Level Contributor
35 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: horse racing

Thanks so much for that - we will definitely give this a try.

Kyrenia, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Kyrenia
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: horse racing

Follow on from FredCyprus directions, go through two sets of traffic lights and Its on your RH side about 200 yards along, Right in front of you is the Metahan / Kermia crossing point to the North.

6. Re: horse racing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:39 am, April 18, 2012
essex
Level Contributor
35 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: horse racing

Just back from our trip to Cyprus and wanted to thank both posters for their excellent directions to Nicosia Race Club. It is well worth a visit if like us you enjoy racing - its not ascot or newmarket, but definitely an experience. If you go do take the instructions with you to get there as there are no road signs to the racecourse. It doesn't cost anything to get in and there are free race cards in english. One tip - unless you plan to stay til the end - don't park in the car park. Cars are left all over the place with no organisation. We parked on the side road behind the course and walked in.

Newhey
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: horse racing

What is the dress dress code please, we are going there on a trip in

Sept

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: horse racing

There isn't a dress code if that held. Wear what you want. It's not like the racing over here. Hope this helps

Ipswich, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: horse racing

b there n we had a lot of fun and a few winners!!!! yes..ok is not like u.k racing.....cost a lot of money to get in!!!! is free and the atmosphere is brilliant. if u like racing ur in for a treat!!!!

Get answers to your questions about Nicosia