We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cyprus newbies

Which Limassol hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bucks, UK
Level Contributor
372 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Cyprus newbies

We just wanted to say hello, really *waves*

We have just booked our first holiday to Cyprus and we'll be there in 5 weeks time!

I do like to do my research so will no doubt be scouring this forum, which is why I wanted to say hello first, otherwise I'd feel like a bit of a stalker!

That's it, really. :))

We'll be staying at the Four Seasons Hotel for ten nights in a Family Studio Sea View. The hotel does look super and I'm sure we will enjoy ourselves there.

Any advice on day trips or things we really MUST see, please do tell us, bearing in mind that I'm a wheelchair user (though I can walk about 20 yards).

Cheers :)

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
5,909 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cyprus newbies

Hi I would google paraquip the guy that owns the company is disabled himself .Julie

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
9,549 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cyprus newbies

You will enjoy the Four Seasons it is a great hotel we have been more times than I can remember.

Bucks, UK
Level Contributor
372 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cyprus newbies

Twigs, thank you for the reassurance about the hotel :) Certainly, we've read the many brilliant reviews here on TA and they confirmed that this is a hotel we want to stay in. It seems that many guests are regularly returning guests, which tells you something doesn't it :)

Julie, thank you for suggesting I look at Chris' website. Actually, I'd already been pointed to it by the travel agent when I'd enquired about the possibility of hiring a mobility scooter. I didn't realise that he did some trips as well. I'm particularly interested in his boat trip; I do love boat trips. We did manage a catamaran trip when we were Barbados just over a year ago and while it was a terrific day it wasn't without difficulty when it came to getting onto it and then off it, plus visiting the 'head' (I wrote a review of the organisation, so do go and read). Chris certainly does seem to be better equipped for people with wheelchairs.

A year ago we invested in a very lightweight, titanium wheelchair which is fantastic and it has made such a difference to our holidays. The whole airport palaver is so much easier. My chair folds up into a very compact size once the wheels are easily unclicked, so very easy to stow away too.

Thanks again for the link, I'll be sure to have a good read of it and will no doubt contact him.

I'll let you know how we enjoy Cyprus when we get back!

Troodos Mountains...
Destination Expert
for Troodos Mountains
Level Contributor
1,075 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Cyprus newbies

Cyprus and wheelchair access is work in progress but Limassol has made progress. Much of the sea front is paved and the Old Town is improving rapidly particularly around the castle. Kourion is fairly accesible with ramps and decking paths. If you have a hire car you can consider Omodos, good except the cobbled main square, Troodos Square and on the B9 going from Troodos to Nicosia there is a wheelchair route of around 1.5 km with a superb view North along the Solea valley. A little further down is the Botanical Garden with good access and views to the South.

However you will find that pavements are blocked by parked cars.

Bucks, UK
Level Contributor
372 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cyprus newbies

Thanks for all that lovely info, Fred - very helpful and much appreciated.

Bucks, UK
Level Contributor
372 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cyprus newbies

I've just found this page, on the Cyprus Tourist Organisation website, giving very useful information about Cyprus for the disabled: http://www.visitcyprus.com/wps/portal/getting_to_cyprus/disabled_visitors/!ut/p/c5/04_SB8K8xLLM9MSSzPy8xBz9CP0os3hXN0fHYE8TIwODIH8jA6PQACNLMwsnQwMvU6B8JJK8u4GxgYGRq5Gzh4lHkIF3sBEB3eEg-8ziDXAARwOIPD7zUeQtDL0sgPLepl5eRiZGhhZG-n4e-bmp-gW5EQaZAemKAPNIOII!/dl3/d3/L2dJQSEvUUt3QS9ZQnZ3LzZfOU9CQUNGSDIwT1U1OTBJQ0hMRVBQMjJQRDI!/

From that page you can download a PDF entitled "Accessible Cyprus".

I think maybe I should double-post it in the main Cyprus forum, in its own thread, as it may be helpful to other people as well as me - it's probably lost in this thread.

HTH someone :)

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
9,549 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cyprus newbies

You should find the Four Seasons relatively easy to negotiate. There are three lifts and they are pretty quick. Although the back of the hotel slopes down to the beach and there are steps there is also a sloping path. It is quite steep but if your wheelchair is light you should be fine.

I think you will enjoy it I really hope so. You are right about returning guests we often go in September and about 85% of guests at that time are returners. If you have any specific questions you are welcome to send me a private message.

Bucks, UK
Level Contributor
372 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cyprus newbies

Thank you, Twigs - I may well take you up on that offer :) And thanks also for telling me about the lifts and the path/steps to the beach.

I'm learning such a lot now, and getting more and more excited!

Bucks, UK
Level Contributor
372 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cyprus newbies

Would I be able to get around Omodos Village, do you think? Cobble stones are mentioned in the reviews, which would obviously make it a no-no, but the photos look so lovely!

Troodos Mountains...
Destination Expert
for Troodos Mountains
Level Contributor
1,075 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Cyprus newbies

It is just the main square which you need to cross from the car park, take the lower route from the car park and it is around 25 metres so an uncomfortable crossing but I suggest could be manageable. The majority of the narrow streets will not be a problem.