We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Limassol itself

Which Limassol hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
257 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Limassol itself

Hello

Sorry to be a nuisance :(

We have stayed numerous times in nissi beach area

Now looking at elias beach

Can you explain what limassol is like compared to ayia napa/nissi bay etc

I assume beaches nicer at nissi?

Trying to understand what limassol is like in evenings

Any thoughts appreciated

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
4 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Limassol itself

Hi, it really depends where you wish to stay in and what to do.

There are quite a few trendy bars / restaurants Plus Sea, Chesters, Blue Berry and then as you go in the other direction towards the old town not that far along there are a couple more. The hotels, pubs, and bars are mainly on the tourist area/road with more bars and restaurants at the old port - castle square which is a nice surrounding around the Limassol Castle. It has narrow winding streets with restaurants and shops, a good place to chill out in the evenings, resembles a lot like ayia napa in a slightly quieter ambiance.

Nightlife in Limassol is great in summer months, there are many bar-lounges and cafes that stay open late such as Bellini, Droops by the beach on the main tourist road. Clubbing is a big plus, Friday and Saturday even Sundays, make sure you go to Dolce club also Breeze is a good option, fun starts around midnight.

Check out Guaba beach bar especially on Sunday afternoon and Pralina by the beach for dj contests and parties.Pralina has a lovely beach, another nice beach is the one infront of Apollonia Hotel and in front of Four Season, the nisi beach is very different though, you dont get the little isle here but still sandy and warm waters.

The no 30 bus will take you along the tourist/ coastline past the new port to the shopping mall at Zakaki.

Hope that helps

London, United...
Level Contributor
257 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Limassol itself

Thank you for your quick reply

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
5,910 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Limassol itself

Hi, I think that you would enjoy the Elias Beach I have stayed there I would go back now if I could.Just to add a little more to the above post Limassol has become very cosmopolitan over the last few years, on the main seafront road down towards the old port [castle area] there is a lovely sculpture park giving the area a reviera feel to it.

There is no way that you can compare the beaches to the ones in Ayia Napa, the beaches in limassol are not that good and the sand is almost black if good beaches are important to you stay on the eastern side of the Island.

Being a Large town there is always plenty to do in the evenings, I second Chester,s and I love the square surrounding Limassol Castle.Julie

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
9,555 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Limassol itself

Limassol does have something for everyone but it is not all in one area and it is pretty spread out. The coast road is some 16k long and the Elias Beach is at the quieter end i.e. furthest away from the Old Town. As has been said the number 30 bus does run the length of the road.

I love swimming in the sea in the Amathus area and the water is very clear.

5. Re: Limassol itself

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:11 pm, April 21, 2015
Nicosia, Cyprus
Level Contributor
23 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Limassol itself

MissyM1972 you just admitted that you stayed at the wrong place. In my opinion the old castle area is much nicer and lively and warm than what it was the old tourist district and it shows more of the cypriot character

London, United...
Level Contributor
257 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Limassol itself

Hi again

Confused myself now

So is elias beach in the old castle area? The nicer area?

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
9,555 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Limassol itself

As I said in my previous post the Elias Beach is at the quite end of Limassol the very opposite end to the old town and the castle. The castle area is very nice for restaurants and visiting but I wouldn't stay there. I would either stay at the far end where the Elias Beach is or in the Amathus area. Personally I wouldn't stay in the tourist area or the old town area. If you don't want to stay so far out you could have a look at the Mediterranean Beach Hotel which is in the Amathus area which has just a few shops, bars and restaurants around it and is on a nice stretch of beach, yes it is dark sand but it is still very nice. It is about 5k nearer to the old town than the Elias. Depends what you are looking for really.

London, United...
Level Contributor
257 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Limassol itself

Thank you for your time and patience :)

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
5,910 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Limassol itself

Hi, the Elias is in a nice location at the east end of Limassol walk for a couple of minutes along the coast path there is the Up Town Square beach bar near the San Raphael hotel also a marina, follow the path to the Le Meridien hotel and the beach in front there is quite nice .there is a little pier. while the Castle area is at the west end of town, I would not stay in the castle area there is nowhere decent to stay for a start.

If you google uptown square it will give you info on some of the restaurants in the area around the Elias.

On Tourist area parts do look tacky but there are some good restaurants around there and I have always felt safe at night.

The Med Beach Hotel is about a five minute drive from Elias , but I would not stay in the Med beach as the main road outside is used as a race track by boy racers at night. read the reviews under Limassol hotels you would need a sea view to cut down the noise from the road.Julie