We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Sacramento...
Level Contributor
14 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Cruise Ship Excursions Limassol

Arriving early Oct 2013 via cruise ship. Ships excursions ridiculously expensive--looking to cover the highlights with English Speaking Guide and an air conditioned van. 2 couples--include a great place for lunch. Limited walking if possible. Many thanks

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,758 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Cruise Ship Excursions Limassol

Interesting take on Limassol, one of the cradles of European civilisation. Hot and dusty it may be, fly infested it certainly isn't.

Just because you didn't get to see some of the beauty of the surrounding area and/or visit some of the UNESCO world heritage sites is no reason to write off an entire country.

I am reminded of a cruise tour round the Acropolis when one of our fellow passengers (from Idaho as I recall) remarked that it was a shame they didn't keep the buildings in a nicer condition and to ponder aloud on the fact that the marble floor that everyone had made such a s fuss about wasn't a patch on the counters in her kitchen.

Each to their own

Poulton Le Fylde...
Level Contributor
322 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Cruise Ship Excursions Limassol

LOL Latimer

That reminds me of an incident a number of years ago when standing at the top of the aircraft steps on arrival at Palma airport in Majorca in January and hearing the passenger in front of me complain "ohhh, it's not like July, is it?"

I've been living here for almost 10 years and work in Limassol city centre but when we have a public holiday, I disappear into the old town with my camera and find lots of places I didn't know existed. Only last week, we visited Limassol castle for the very first time.

We went on a cruise some years ago which had to be redirected to an alternative port due to unrest in Israel so we were informed upon climbing aboard our coach "welcome to the beautiful city of Volos" - maybe it was, but the port area didn't give us that impression at all, whether Jason and his Argonauts sailed from there or not - it wasn't attractive.

However, around an hours drive or so further inland and to the mountains we came upon the awesome sights of Meteora with tiny monasteries clinging tight to the sides and tops of incredible mountain peaks. A sight we will never forget - but had we not taken that coach excursion from the port we would never have known any different.

Limassol is a city at the end of the day and the new port is a fully working port for container ships as well as cruise ships so you have to take the rough with the smooth. It would be wonderful if there were plans to bring the cruise ships into the new marina when it is complete but I don't believe that is in the plans so unless people are prepared to take either the onboard excursions or look elsewhere for companies that operate from our island as was suggested, there will always be these blinkered views...

Sad - but as you say.... each to their own.

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Cruise Ship Excursions Limassol

Limassol does not deserve all the negative comments it gets, over the last few years millions and millions of pounds have been spent making the city a very cosmopolitan place to visit.Yes Limassol is a large industrial city and not so much a pretty little holiday resort, but it has so much to offer, loads of good places to eat. a buzzing nightlife and a cheap reliable bus service,it is a good base for getting about.I see Limassol as a good destination for a city break holiday .

Reading the last two posts made me smile last year we visited Salamis Ruins, one lady complained bitterly that it was in the middle of nowhere, she thought there would be some nice shops around.Julie

14. Re: Cruise Ship Excursions Limassol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:02 pm, November 28, 2013
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Cruise Ship Excursions Limassol

Check the web site Spanos Buses Cyprus. They offer the most complete choice and cheapest of local sightseeing coach excursions from Port.

16. Re: Cruise Ship Excursions Limassol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, November 27, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Limassol