We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Meridien Limassol

Oxford
Level Contributor
50 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Le Meridien Limassol

Is this hotel any good? Have booked it but am now reading reviews and frankly can't tell. Yeah I know I shoudl have looked at the reviews first. If you satyed there in the recent past can you reply to me before we set off in four weeks! We are middle aged and like quality

Thanks

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
10,240 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Le Meridien Limassol

Hi to a fellow Oxfordshire resident. We stayed at Le Meridien years ago when it was fairly new. It was a lovely hotel then and I am sure it still is. It is at the far end of the coast road i.e. furthest from the old town. It has lots of space and should be very relaxing. I have also read the reviews and gather that some of the rooms are a little dated.

To put your mind at rest I met a couple at a five star hotel in Madeira last year who go to Le Meridien every year. They love it and say they relax immediately they get there.

We have always said we will go back but have found ourselves going back to the Four Seasons 14 times and the Med Beach and the Amathus. We have got used to the area where these hotels are situated and into the habit of returning there.

It is peaceful down at the far end and I am sure you will have a good time. The number 30 bus runs the length of the coast road so it easy to get to other areas.

Oxford
Level Contributor
50 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Le Meridien Limassol

Hi Twigs. I am nearly at the point of changing our booking to the four seasons as for £250 more I can be asssured of good quality rooms and food. I wonder can you tell me nice clean places to eat lunch or dinner in the Amathus region of Limassol. Its complicated as I am gluten and dairy free. Thanks Margaret

Edited: 9:52 am, October 22, 2012
Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Le Meridien Limassol

.Hi I am sorry I can’t help with rooms and food at Le meriden. But I can give you some info on the area. The Hotel is in a very tranquil area on the eastern edge ofLimassol.The beach in front of the hotel is better than most in Limassol, the coast path stretches down to Four Seasons about an hour’s walk, there are a few beach bars along the way, only a few minutes by car to Amathuas area.

I know the Amathus Hotel has a good range of gluten dairy free food I would think Le Meridien and Four Seasons are the same. Restaurant owners are usually very good about diet problems if you explain when you book

On Le Meridien area there is a restaurant a few yards up from the hotel entrance and there are some more around a 10-15 minute walk down the road across from the Grand Hotel , there is the Terra Mare for fine dining. Lisa’s Bistro is very good for home cooked Meals, for more on that area Google uptown square Limassol.

Four Seasons area, You will have more choice of Places to eat, some of the good places to eat are.Aphrodite Tavern. /Dane Tavern /IL sapore./Namas.

The area is good for eating out ,but if you stay there get a sea view room , the area is heavy with traffic , and can be extremely noisy at night with boy racers.

Further on down in the Tourist area Caprice at the Londa Hotel is a nice place to eat. I have had the Garden restaurant down near the police station recommended but I have not tried it.

If you like French food The Le Masion Flurie again in the tourist area is for fine dining.

There are also some good restaurants around Limassol Castle in the old port area. Julie

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
10,240 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Le Meridien Limassol

If you change your mind and go to the Four Seasons you won't be disappointed. It is quite and peaceful. Excellent service and great food. Breakfast is a real feast. We have always had a sea view room apart from once when we had an inland view. The rooms are double glazed and even in the inland view room we heard no noise from the road. You say you like quality and you will certainly get it at the Four Seasons. If you need any more information don't hesitate to send me a private message.

Twigs

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Le Meridien Limassol

Feel free also to send me a PM for info on Limassol.

Oxford
Level Contributor
50 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Le Meridien Limassol

So nice to have such informative replies. Thanks you so much Julie and Twigs.

7. Re: Le Meridien Limassol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 24, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Limassol
Recent Conversations