We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to wear in Cyprus in March?

saunderstown, ri
Level Contributor
8 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
What to wear in Cyprus in March?

We will be traveling all around the perimeter of Cyprus from March 19 through April 1 this year. We plan on dressing very casually, but don't really know what to pack. Will it be warm enough for sandals and t-shirts? Maybe a fleece jacket at night? My husband wants to pack thermal undies - is that necessary (I hope not)? Any other advice will also be appreciated. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
Torpoint, United...
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to wear in Cyprus in March?

Hi,take a fleece for night times, but I don.t think that you will need thermal undies,I would take a mix of clothes as the weather can be changeable and it is still cold in the evenings, early last march ,I got away with flip flops and skirts for the 1st three days, for the remaining 7 rain -thunder, you should get some sunshine, but it will still not be warm enough to swim in the sea.Julie

Troodos Mountains...
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to wear in Cyprus in March?

Totally endorse layers but not thermal knickers and remember a waterproof top as well. Friday at Governor's Beach me in cords, shirt, fleece type sweater and a body warmer watching someone swimming and the sun was glorious. Yesterday in Limassol same gear for me except no body warmer having lunch at a hotel close to the front and seeing flip flops, shorts and T shirt and I am told but did not personally see that people were sunbathing.

If you plan to go up Troodos there is likely to still be snow particularly in sheltered north facing areas. Coastal areas will be warmer.

Mentioned in this post
Governor's Beach
Governor's Beach
383 Reviews
Limassol, Cyprus
Limassol
Limassol
Limassol District, Cyprus
Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
10,844 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to wear in Cyprus in March?

Last March I walked around in cut off trousers (Capri pants) and a tee shirt by day but did need a jacket in the evenings. There were plenty of people in shorts. We also managed to sunbathe, so I don't think you need to pack your thermals.

Mentioned in this post
Capri
Capri
Island of Capri, Italy
4. Re: What to wear in Cyprus in March?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:28 am, May 15, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Limassol