We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
TripAdvisor
Larnaca
Search

Car rental @ Larnaca airport

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
86 reviews
47 helpful votes
Car rental @ Larnaca airport
Save

Hi,

May be this is an oft asked question... any suggestions on car rental companies at Larnaca airport. We intend to be visiting Pafos and Ayia Napa for 5 days, and prefer to have the flexibility of having a car.

Thanks,

Abhishek

cyprus
Destination Expert
for Larnaca, Cyprus
Level Contributor
5,263 posts
49 reviews
22 helpful votes
1. Re: Car rental @ Larnaca airport
Save

Stevens car rentals has many positive reviews.

UK
Level Contributor
14,020 posts
134 reviews
294 helpful votes
2. Re: Car rental @ Larnaca airport
Save

I always use these guys www.lowpricecypruseconomycarrentals.com and have done so for the last 4 years. They are absolutely excellent, the service before, during and after the rental couldn't be better or go smoother. And the prices and fuel policy very fair

Email them via the website for a quote

Edited: 6:06 pm, December 11, 2015
Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
86 reviews
47 helpful votes
3. Re: Car rental @ Larnaca airport
Save

Thanks a ton, Miss_Chief1 and Cylib. Stevens seems to be offering competitive all inclusive prices v/s the other big boys.

cyprus
Destination Expert
for Larnaca, Cyprus
Level Contributor
5,263 posts
49 reviews
22 helpful votes
4. Re: Car rental @ Larnaca airport
Save

You're welcome. Have a nice time.

Larnaca, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Larnaka District, Larnaca
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
23 reviews
8 helpful votes
5. Re: Car rental @ Larnaca airport
Save

I think I need to post this if anyone would like, for convenient purposes, a car rental co which offers cars ON the airport grounds.

Europcar, Budget, Sixt and Petsas/ Astras are car rental companies that have their cards and offices on spot. Hertz and Avis are located a few minutes drive away from the terminal building but offer shuttle services.

I am not aware about their prices thought.

Oxford, UK
Level Contributor
7 posts
26 reviews
40 helpful votes
6. Re: Car rental @ Larnaca airport
Save

I got a good price from Avis UK for a family size car; (£75 for 5 days). However, when I arrived I found the car had 100K kilometres on it, had a dodgy gearbox, the remote key was defective, and it smelt of diesel fumes inside. I complained but only got blank stares back. After I returned home, I noticed they charged me with £16 extra; I don't know what for since the car was inspected and no comments made when returned, (full of diesel from a station 1 mile away; I have the timed receipt).

So in summary: you may get a banger, and you may be fraudulently charged with no notice given by Avis at Larnaca. My personal view is you should avoid Avis in Larnaca.

MsZ
Dorset UK
Level Contributor
211 posts
73 reviews
37 helpful votes
7. Re: Car rental @ Larnaca airport
Save

Wouldn't bother with hertz either. Rented direct online, details said on airport, first irritation it wasn't had to wait for another couple before a mini bus took us to the rental site.

Although the car was nearly new it was smaller than expected and it wasn't up to the hills when we were touring, nasty burning smell, down to type of automatic transmission probably.

They agreed to replace, turned up at our hotel later than agreed next morning. Car filthy outside and even worse inside looked like kids had puked or rubbed in food all over back seat. Yuk. After some argument they agreed to different replacement if we went to the airport depot.

That turned into another saga, they wanted me to fill the old one up with fuel even though our agreement was return with whatever. Eventually after wasting a whole morning of our holiday and several arguments we ended up with a car fit for purpose. Can't remember the name but there is a company based in polis/pathos that we have used before and will again in future.

UK
Level Contributor
14,020 posts
134 reviews
294 helpful votes
8. Re: Car rental @ Larnaca airport
Save

Lots of poor reviews for Avis on the forums along with most of the large global companies unfortunately. Hence why most recommendations from regulars are local companies who are also based on airport such as Lowcost and Stevens etc.

9. Re: Car rental @ Larnaca airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 17, 2016