We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

waterfalls

South Yorkshire
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Topic
waterfalls

Hi we are over in the next few weeks and was wondering if anyone knows of any waterfalls which are easy accessible . We will have a car so its just a short walk from parking that we are interested in.

Thanks

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,015 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: waterfalls

Caledonia Falls up in the Troodos mountains is easily accessible from just above Platres village - well signposted and about 2kms from the car park.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g190387-…

About 90 minutes drive from Larnaca but the drive can be broken up by visiting villages and wineries on the way up.

Just realised that you posted on the Larnaca forum, hence my reply about distance but I don't actually know where you are staying

Edited: 6:19 pm, September 22, 2013
South Yorkshire
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: waterfalls

Thanks for your reply it really appreciated. We are staying in Paphos for a few days then Of to Larnaca for a few days . Thanks again

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,974 posts
252 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: waterfalls

Thanks for the link, very interesting. Is this trail possible in early March or will there be too much water to cross the streams? We will have walking footwear with us.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,015 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: waterfalls

I doubt it will be possible in early March as it is very likely there will still be too much snow on the ground but impossible to predict this far ahead so perhaps it will be possible

I've been up there in early April 2012 (not for a walk just for a drive) and have a photo of my son stood in shorts and a t-shirt next to a 6 foot high snow drift at the side of the road.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,974 posts
252 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: waterfalls

Yes, once we had driven to the top of theTroodos and we were watching the army skiing, next thing is they all piled back in the trucks and got off. I had that On Oh..... feeling and set off back down but within minutes there was a blizzard. There was almost a foot of snow by the time we left the mountain. Luckily I had a jeep but it was hard, slow going in the fresh snow and the kids were panicking as they had never seen snow like that, especially as we were sliding round the road a bit. They were still saying "don't go fast" when it was only raining on the lower slopes.

Back in Paphos it was sunny.

I might give that a miss then.and look for walks at lower altitudes.

Cyprus
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: waterfalls

My reply might be a bit late, but in case you are still interested in waterfalls: Calidonia is indeed the most famous Cyprus waterfall, but it is about 2 km away from the parking (nature trail up the stream). Millomeris waterfall is a bit shorter walk away (Trooditissa monastery area). Chantara waterfalls you can drive to all the way (Foini area), though I have not yet been there this year so I do not know how much water is left there after the summer. In general, all Cyprus waterfalls are Much nicer in spring, when the snow is still melting. There is also a waterfall at Adonis baths (Paphos-Polis area). These are the main ones, there are smaller "seasonal" ones around as well.

7. Re: waterfalls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, November 20, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Larnaka City