We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A question for a Destination expert please

Bristol
Level Contributor
260 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
A question for a Destination expert please

Hello

Could anyone tell me is it normal in Cyprus to have slugs crawling up a bedroom wall? This what happened to us. We did move apartments but the woman on reception told us this is not unusual and that she has had them in her room. The window and doors were closed by the way

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A question for a Destination expert please

Hi, Jenny ,I have never seen slugs in hotel rooms in Cyprus, and now and again I have stayed in rural areas, can you tell us where you are staying.Julie

Edited: 4:26 am, April 07, 2013
Bristol
Level Contributor
260 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A question for a Destination expert please

hi

in Tochni

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A question for a Destination expert please

Hi, I have not stayed in Tochini but I have stayed the night in one of the nearby villages, never saw any, maybe someone will let us know if this is a common problem in rural areas. Mind you I was paranoid about snakes - spiders getting in but thank god we never had that problem either. Julie

Troodos Mountains...
Destination Expert
for Troodos Mountains
Level Contributor
1,125 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A question for a Destination expert please

Well I am certainly in a rural area and there are slugs and snails in the garden, I hope probably in vain that the lizards and birds keep the numbers down, but we have not had them in the house, Things with legs, with or with out wings yes, lizards sometimes wander in through the open doors but are gently guided out, spiders yes which are helped out with a very long brush.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
114 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A question for a Destination expert please

Slugs and snails outdoors, yes this is normail. Indoors is most certainly not!

Bristol
Level Contributor
260 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A question for a Destination expert please

I thought not

Many thanks for replies

7. Re: A question for a Destination expert please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 10, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Larnaka City