We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taking Food into Cyprus

North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
574 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Taking Food into Cyprus

Hi All,

My other half is flying to Larnaca to spend Xmas with his parents and his Dad's asked if he can take him a pork pie!

Other half is only takign hand luggage - will he be allowed to take a pork pie through customs and over to Cyprus?

Troodos Mountains...
Destination Expert
for Troodos Mountains
Level Contributor
1,121 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Taking Food into Cyprus

There should be no problem about bringing the pie in to Cyprus but getting it out of UK I just do not know. Looking at UK airport regulations the restrictions apply to liquids and gels and I hope the pie is not in that state but some do have lots of lovely tasty jelly but pork pie jelly is surely not a gel?.

Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,353 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taking Food into Cyprus

Hi, we always take food on to aircraft to eat instead of the airline food so I an't see why you can't take a pork pie. My hubby loves sausage sandwiches and we take them with us for the journey. We have taken a cooler bag in our hold luggage with sausages and bacon and everything has been ok. Have a nice holiday. barbara

3. Re: Taking Food into Cyprus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, June 22, 2013