We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in December

North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
574 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in December

Hi - I'm packing my fiancé off for Xmas to stay with his parents in Dasaki Achnas, and I’m wondering what sort of clothes to pack him.

Will t-shirts/thin jumpers be sufficient? What sort of temperatures should we expect?

I've asked his parents and they said freezing, pack your thermals, but that's obviously because they've become acclimatized!!

Any advice would be great

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,759 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in December

I'm with the parents on this one! Between the hours of 11am - 3pm it can be pleasant outside in a sunny spot, but the sun sets early and the evenings are cold. He will need something warm to curl up in whilst INside the house in the evenings, as indoors can be pretty cool unless his parents have central heating.

Regards

Trisha

PS Why are you packing for him...........?!

Edited: 11:50 am, October 17, 2011
Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
789 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in December

Trisha is sooo correct.Brrr. We'll have a few hours of sunshine but he WILL need jeans/ jumpers - and PJs! - at night.

PPS Why are you packing for him......?! LOL

North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
574 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in December

Thanks guys - really didn't think it'd get that cold in Cyprus! I think his parents do have heating in their house cos his Dad takes the mickey out of his mum for putting it on early!

I'm packing for him to try and keep him within the 10kg hand luggage allowance otherwise Monarch have said they'll charge £50

Troodos Mountains...
Destination Expert
for Troodos Mountains
Level Contributor
1,125 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in December

Christmas is a bit early for the ski runs to be open, but it does get that cold!

5. Re: Weather in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 pm, October 27, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Larnaka City