We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monarch Airline

Which Larnaka City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Isle of Wight
Level Contributor
206 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Monarch Airline

Flying Monarch to Larnaca in a couple of weeks( From Luton ) , First time with the airline , Any good ? . Tips ,hints ? .

Ta . .

Deryneia, Cyprus
Level Contributor
291 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monarch Airline

Mind your baggage! They're pretty hot on size of hand luggage and may fine you if its too big.

Cumbria
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monarch Airline

Recently flew with Monarch Airline from Manchester.Very efficient. Nice flight to Barcelona and return journey. Lovely crew. Would fly Monarch again.

London, United...
Level Contributor
162 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Monarch Airline

Flew Monarch from Gatwick - Larnaca this August, helpful staff, nice comfortable flight although seats on the way back were smaller than the outward bound flight (smaller plane) Service was good. :)

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Monarch Airline

I don't have much choice from Manchester now that Cyprus Airlines discontinued the route.

Monarch OK but watch the weight of your luggage on the way out. At Larnaca they don't seem at all concerned about the weight.

No entertainment and food pretty dire

Bognor Regis...
Level Contributor
206 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Monarch Airline

Check out SeatGuru for seating arrangements on your flight and the best seats to use.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Monarch Airline

It is budget/charter airline so expect minimum leg space.

Do NOT expect recognition of any FF program as no alliance would accept them as a member (well maybe skyteam LOL).

London
Level Contributor
187 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Monarch Airline

Monarch have there own frequent flyer program.

In regards to legroom book extra legroom if you find it a problem. Rows 1-6, 10, 26.

Aircraft will be a A321.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
2,868 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Monarch Airline

Flew to Cyprus with Monarch a couple of years ago and going again in October there planes were just the same as thomson etc nicer staff and a large screen tv at the front of the plane

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Monarch Airline

Back yesterday from Tenerife with Monarch.

The morning we left we received a text to say there would be an eight and half hour delay but that we should check two hours before our scheduled departure time. This wound us up as we travelled to Gatwick where we were advised to join a bag drop off queue since we had checked in on line. It took 45 minutes to drop off the bag 25 minutes longer than the "slow" check in and bag drop. When I complained to the man who told me to join the express queue he refused to give me his name. Such was the level of customer care at Gatwick on morning of 7 May 2013.

The flight left 15 minutes late and we had the larger seats at the front of the plane. The flight and service was very good.

Our return was in an older 757 plane. The check in at Tenerife was very good and the flight was fine.

One thing about Monarch, do not click through to Holiday Taxis. We did, what a rip off. We booked a 1 -4 private transfer and expected a car or taxi. We were given a rickety mini bus without seat belts. I complained to Holiday taxis. They sent me an email:-

Good Afternoon,

You have booked a private transfer it does not state the exact private car you will have.

However I have requested you get a car instead of a minibus.

Kind Regards

Dominique Coetzee

Customer Service Executive

END OF EMAIL

Our transfer from hotel to Tenerife airport was a larger mini bus but it did have seats belts and the driver drove more carefully than the first one.

A contingent component of a rip off is lying. They said we would have a car for the return leg, we got another minibus. We paid £30 each way. Our hotel advised the taxi would have been €27 that worked out at just under £23. Keep away form Holiday Taxis

Halifax, West...
Level Contributor
489 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Monarch Airline

Didn't enjoy my flight to Lanzarote with them. Seats were so cramped, I upgraded to extra legroom for return flight. The extra loom seats didn't seem as good as regular EasyJet.

To be honest worst flight I've had.

But so long as the planes are safe, then it's only 4.5 hours of your holiday (each way).