We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kapnos Airport Shuttle (LCA Airport to Nicosia)

London
Level Contributor
54 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Kapnos Airport Shuttle (LCA Airport to Nicosia)

Hi,

I am arriving in Cyprus through Larnaca International Airport, my plane is landing at 15:55.

I need to get to Nicosia and I am intending to use Kapnos Airport shuttle which costs 7 EUROS on way from LCA Airport to Nicosia.

Does anybody know how long it takes from the moment you land on the plane to get through customs, collect luggage etc and get out of the new airport?

I want to know if I can catch the kapnos shuttle that departs at 17:00? (That means I have to be there 1 hour 5 mins after landing, is this possible)?

The link for the shuttle is here:

http://www.kapnosairportshuttle.com/index.htm

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. Also, do I have to book in advance or can I just pay the driver when I get on the bus? If yes, how do I book?

Troodos Mountains...
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kapnos Airport Shuttle (LCA Airport to Nicosia)

The family/friends I have met at the airport have all been met, hugged etc and in the car well within 30 mins, so far.

I am sorry, I do not know anything about the shuttle, but (having looked at their web site) I think it is only a short level walk from the arrival doors, straight ahead across the hall to the doors you can see in the corner area, those going to the right are heading for the exit to the car parks. those walking in circles are confused, so I am not sure how good the signs are as I have yet to go through the airport myself since it opened.

Cyprus
Level Contributor
364 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kapnos Airport Shuttle (LCA Airport to Nicosia)

You should be off the plane and out of the airport in well under an hour so getting the 17.05 shuttle is very feasible.

There's probably no need to book as every shuttle I've seen had quite a few empty seats. If you'd prefer to make certain, though, why not send an e-mail to the company?

London
Level Contributor
54 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kapnos Airport Shuttle (LCA Airport to Nicosia)

Thank you very much...

do you know how long the shuttle takes to get from the airport to Nicosia?

do you know if I buy my ticket on the bus or at a booth inside the airport?

is it easy to find the bus stop outside the airport?

Troodos Mountains...
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kapnos Airport Shuttle (LCA Airport to Nicosia)

I suggest around an hour but on a weekday Nicosia is usually very congested at the time will be arriving there. Why not e-mail the bus company for further information address is on their web site.

London
Level Contributor
54 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kapnos Airport Shuttle (LCA Airport to Nicosia)

Thanks you for all your help and advice. I will definitely e-mail the company to find out the specifics.

Could I just ask how much does a taxi cost from the airport to Aglantzia?

Larnaca, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Larnaka District, Larnaca
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kapnos Airport Shuttle (LCA Airport to Nicosia)

Just seen the post, so I don't know if you have already landed! Apart from the luggage collecting time, which could take from 20min-40min usually (time measured from aircraft landing), the time required to get to the bus is apprx. 10-15min. So I believe, should everything run smoothly ( that is you don't spend any excessive time in collection of luggage, search by customs, shopping etc) you will be able to catch the 17:00 shuttle. As soon as you get out of the customs exit ( covered by a red ad of Vodafone) , you proceed straight ahead ( follow the signs indicating buses) and you'll find the exit towards the Shuttles. No need to book in advance, as far as I've seen there are usually lots of seats available. Day of arrival is sometimes a critical factor, since on Wed's and Sundays there is a travellers' peak at Larnaca Airport.

London
Level Contributor
54 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kapnos Airport Shuttle (LCA Airport to Nicosia)

Thank you very much for your comprehensive reply. I will indeed be landing on a Sunday...fingers crossed everything will run smoothly.

8. Re: Kapnos Airport Shuttle (LCA Airport to Nicosia)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 15, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Larnaca
Recent Conversations