We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turkish Airlines & Visa

Como
Level Contributor
44 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Turkish Airlines & Visa

I am just about to book flights Manchester- Ercan with Turkish Airlines. I know we have to change planes, but does this mean we have to apply for an E-Visa.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
284 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Turkish Airlines & Visa

Assuming that you are visiting N Cyprus on holiday, if you are travelling on a UK passport you don't need a visa.Your passport will be stamped at Ercan or,if you prefer,a seperate slip of paper which you keep with your passport for the duration of your visit.

Lapta
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Turkish Airlines & Visa

Hi

Even though you have to change planes in Istanbul, you are classed as being 'in transit' so you do not need a visa as you will not be leaving the airport.

Como
Level Contributor
44 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Turkish Airlines & Visa

Many thanks to you both. I will now book my flights.

I cant wait to return to Northern Cyprus we had a lovely holiday there last year

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
91 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Turkish Airlines & Visa

Since i have a similar question, would like to piggy back off this thread. I will be visiting Turkey in May. Wish to visit Cyprus too. I have an Indian Passport. From what I understand, there is no way to travel from Turkey to the southern part of Cyprus. But can I visit the Northern Cyprus without any hassles? which city can I fly out of & into? If I have a visa for Turkey, would it suffice for Northern Cyprus? If I have to get a visa for Northern Cyprus, would I need to get it from the Cyprus Consulate or is it from Turkish Consulate?

Thanks

Smitha

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,969 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Turkish Airlines & Visa

If you have a visa for Turkey then it will suffice for Northern Cyprus and you will fly into Ercan.

Kyrenia, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Kyrenia
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Turkish Airlines & Visa

The only nationality needing a Visa to visit Northern Cyprus is Nigerian.

Nicosia, Cyprus
Level Contributor
61 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Turkish Airlines & Visa

Hey Smitha S - as an Indian passport holder you can fly in to Ercan in the TRNC and obtain a visa stamp at passport control upon arrival. You can cross in to the southern side of Cyprus however, being an Indian passport holder you will require a visa.

Hope this helps!

James

8. Re: Turkish Airlines & Visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 31, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Kyrenia
Recent Conversations