We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

whats the nicest/busiest resort

kent
Level Contributor
79 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
whats the nicest/busiest resort

Looking to come to Cyprus next year..

what resort has the most bars, restaurants etc and is the nicest to stay.

we are a couple in our early 30's looking for a lovely resort to spend two weeks in....

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
13,936 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: whats the nicest/busiest resort

Have replied to your PM...................

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
9,555 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: whats the nicest/busiest resort

I will reply to your PM shortly.

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
9,555 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: whats the nicest/busiest resort

I decided it would be best to answer your question on the forum.

I find it quite difficult to answer your question as the resorts with the most bars and restaurants may not necessarily but the nicest to stay in. Some of it depends on what month next year you are visiting. It depends whether sandy beaches are important to you and whether you want everything within walking distance or whether you are happy to get buses and taxis or hire a car,

The place I personally enjoy staying the most is either The Four Seasons Hotel or the Amathus Beach Hotel in Limassol. The hotels are superb and are on a nice stretch of beach albeit dark sand. There is a nice beach path which stretches a long way in both directions with a few restaurants and bars along there. Limassol itself has hundreds of bars and restaurants but they are very spread out. The beach road is about 16K long with the old town at one end a quieter area where Le Meridian Hotel is at the other end. There is the Amathus area where the hotels I mentioned are situated and further along towards the town is a tourist area. The old town is nice and there is a new marina with some cafe's and restaurants. Limassol is also a good area for touring the island.

If you want the best beaches you need to go the East of the island to places like Aiya Napa, Protaras and Pernera.

Paphos is another place that has a fair amount of bars and restaurants and a harbour area and there are some good hotels there. Pissouri is nice but I am not sure it would have enough bars and restaurants for you. The Columbia Beach Resort in Pissouri is very nice.

If you want to see the real Cyprus you will either need to get out and about by bus or on excursions or hire a car. The tourist resorts are not what I would call pretty but there are some lovely villages inland and towards the Troodos mountains.

We all have our favourite places and I am sure that mine will not be the same as everyone else. At the end of the day you need to read the reviews and information on the forum and decide what suits you best. Good luck with your research.

kent
Level Contributor
79 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: whats the nicest/busiest resort

is there anywhere in Cyprus which is like "St Tropez"??

Turkey has Bodrum and Egypt has El Gouna..

where the best resort to party with swanky bars?

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
13,936 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: whats the nicest/busiest resort

Ayia Napa if you want to party with swanky bars..............It's usual and polite to thank people for responding in detail to your post especially when a lot went into the reply such as above from Twigs..........ditto, replies to PM's such as my own !

6. Re: whats the nicest/busiest resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, August 28, 2015