We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in october??

Letchworth, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
weather in october??

thinking about a 7 night break end of September/October what is the weather like and the best parts of Cyprus to go this time of year ideally our holiday will consist of sunbathing lounging around ad exploring is October still a good time to visit and get a tan :)

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
9,716 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in october??

Yes October is usually still good weather especially as you say you are thinking of late September early October.You should certainly be able to get a sun tan. The Eastern side of the island has the best beaches but does close down for the winter but should still be OK when you are going. Otherwise most of the other places are all year round resorts.

Have a look and see what you like the look of and come back if you have any more questions.

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
5,984 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in october??

Hi, If good beaches are important to you stay on the eastern side ,Pernera/Protaras/Ayia/Napa.Yes these resorts shut down for the winter but not until the end of Oct ,some hotels stay open later.

Sept is my favorite month for visiting Cyprus ,Oct is also nice you should get a tan ,good weather for sightseeing the humid heat of the summer has gone but is still hot ,you may get the odd storm around the last couple of weeks but they soon pass.Julie

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
417 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in october??

Hi, first week in October 2011 was average 30 degrees C

All the best

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
2,952 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather in october??

I was in Penera from 3rd October last year weather nice but windy some days and the sea was ver rough think i would stick to middle of September at the latest just my opinion

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,141 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather in october??

Hi,

We've been mid-Sept / early Oct a few times & alwats enjoyed good weather. As has been said, it's not so humid, so sunbathing is more pleasant. We've also enjoyed hiring a car (& borrowed from ex-pat friends!) for site-seeing regular & not-so-well known sites. It's quieter & often we've been able to take pics with no people in them!

We stay in Paphos or with friends, 25kl outside. Driving is ok as they drive on the 'correct' side of the road :-)

Regards

scotland
Level Contributor
589 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: weather in october??

Hi we were in Paphos first 2 weeks in October last year. Weather fine for sunbathing, although was surprised as it was quite windy. Also the last couple of days of our holiday the weather seemed to have turned and not good enough for sunbathing. If I was going again it would either be mid Sept or last week in Sept/first week of Oct. Temperature dropped quite a bit at night. Enjoy your holiday

7. Re: weather in october??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 22, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Cyprus