We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cyprus .... to go or not to go

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
16 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Cyprus .... to go or not to go

We have a holiday booked to Limassol in Sept (Elias Beach Hotel). We have been watching the news regarding the financial situation in Cyprus and now Syria have just shot down a Turkish fighter plane :-( . Today (sunday) is our last chance to cancel without losing lots of cash, are we worried over nothing ? This is the first time we've ever been to Cyprus and we were very excited but now we're not so sure...

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
671 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cyprus .... to go or not to go

I would not worry....Syria is a long way off and it business as usual regarding the financial situation. I going out on Wednesday and have no concerns.

Go and enjoy your holiday.

London, United...
Level Contributor
273 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cyprus .... to go or not to go

I wouldn't stress to much although the island is half Turkish I very much dout Syria would launch a attack on Cyprus. It Is half European so they would be very silly too-could you imagine the uproar should they attack! And also don't forget about those British army bases on the island, highly unlikely they would attack them!

Try not to stress and just look forward to the holiday!

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
16 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cyprus .... to go or not to go

Thanks for the replies guys. Explained the state of play to my wife and she's calmed down a bit :-) To be honest I'm so desperate for some sun I'd still go if World war 3 broke out !

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
11,215 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cyprus .... to go or not to go

Like you I am going in September regardless!

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cyprus .... to go or not to go

As others have said, don't worry about it. When you get back you'll wonder what all the fuss was about. :o)

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,502 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cyprus .... to go or not to go

You have more change of getting killed by a Muslim bomber in Yorkshire than you will have by Syrians in Cyprus

Torpoint, United...
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cyprus .... to go or not to go

I am going Sept 26.not worried at all.you will love the Elias, I wish I was back there now. Julie

Edited: 5:29 pm, June 23, 2012
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Cyprus .... to go or not to go

That's nothing to worry about Normy

cyprus its pretty peaceful

9. Re: Cyprus .... to go or not to go

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:47 am, June 26, 2013