We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to go in May

milan
2 posts
Save Topic
Best place to go in May

Hi,

we are thinking of going to cyprus the 10th of May and want to know what is the best and warmest place to go...

also we want to go to beaches where the water will be warm enough to swim in....any suggestions?

thanks,

Natasha

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
10,240 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to go in May

I think you should just choose the place you would like to go to as the weather doesn't vary that much across the island. Although if you compare temperatures on weather sites Limassol does seem to be a few degrees warmer than Paphos. The weather should be nice in the middle of May but the sea will not have warmed up much. Having said that the sea is full of people in May so can't be too chilly. Most hotels have heated pools.

Twigs

Troodos Mountains...
Destination Expert
for Troodos Mountains
Level Contributor
1,128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to go in May

The best beaches are in the East of the island so Ayia Napa, Protaras and that area. People are certainly swimming in the sea already but not me. The island is small so I am not sure that there is any real difference to sea temperatures around the coast. Today where I am is glorious sun but there is a cool wind, out of the wind it is lovely but in the wind chilly.

http://www.cyprusmeteo.com/ claims 21C water temperature.

3. Re: Best place to go in May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, October 30, 2010