We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to go in Cyprus for windsurfing snorkelling

ireland
1 post
Save Topic
where to go in Cyprus for windsurfing snorkelling

Hi,

Three girls in our 30's looking to go to CYprus on holiday.

Really want to do windsurfing and snorkelling

Looking for a lively, but not trashy place to stay good hotel/aprtments, good restaurants etc.

Can anyone receommend a good place to stay - travelling from Dublin.

Latchi Watersports Centre
Scuba & Snorkeling, Boat Tours, Boat Rentals
Dragon Divers - Day Dives
Scuba & Snorkeling, Sports Camps & Clinics
Marine Divers
Scuba & Snorkeling
Jimmys Jeep Adventures
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Boat Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, Off-Road & ATV Trails, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours
uk
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: where to go in Cyprus for windsurfing snorkelling

there is a company called rdj enterprises ltd in cyprus,that can point you in the right direction,had numerous visits to cyprus and they always sort the family out.nothing is a problem for them.they cover everything from accommadation,flights to watersports and last week they looked after our grandchildren 17,19,21 (they havnt stopped talking about them since they got home,especially jonny) took then to ayia napa for a couple of nights out and the kids loved it,they took them clubbing and i was quite surprised how much money they came back with.we bumped into the guys last year and have used them since on every visit,if you are looking for a good time and a laugh get in touch with them,they know the island like the back of there hands and as i said before nothing is a problem for them.you can get hold of them by email at sales@rdjenterprises.co.uk im telling all my friends about them as we are in our 70's now they made use feel 21 again.

u.k
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: where to go in Cyprus for windsurfing snorkelling

us 6 girls just got from cyprus,this company huggyone is on about are really fab.they made our holiday.

Essex
Level Contributor
58 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to go in Cyprus for windsurfing snorkelling

Can I just say, I have been to Southern Cyprus many times over the past 10 years or so, and I have just got back from Northern Cyprus 2 days ago. It was my first time, and I have got to say I LOVE IT!

The views are amazing, the food is excellent (and very very cheap) and the people are lovely.

I went with my mum, just for a long bank holiday weekend, and we stayed at the Merit Crystal Cove, which is just on the outskirts of Kyrenia. We also went to see Famagusta and a small fishing village called Bogaz, which is just on the edge of the Karpas Penninsula where they have deserted beaches and turtles hatch!!!

We are going back in September so we will know more then, but we loved Ezic chicken grill in Kyrenia... we got a whole plate of food (and it was a big plate) for ��4.00 each!!!

You do need to hire a car, but this can be waiting for you at the airport. try www.cyprus-car.net

The locals all get the families together and have picnics in the mountains, its very community orientated.

From what you have said, it sounds like your best bet would be to stay in Kyrenia, they have a beautiful harbour where you can do scuba-diving/snorkelling and you can go on boat trips from 10.30am to 4.30pm for the day for ��20.00 each inc. food.

If you decide to go (which I would strongly recommend) you will have a fantastic time, and it would be nice if you would let me know what you think!

uk
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: where to go in Cyprus for windsurfing snorkelling

kerrifin.

we have just returned from cyprus,been on a week long hen party.(read report on hen party coming to cyprus) never had so much fun in my life.hopefully we will be going back.i think though forget the snorkelling go diving instead.as for drinking, some great bars, especially oasis cocktail bar and one irish bar in larnaca cant remember its name but the landlord is irish and it stays open till the very very early hours.

Greece
Level Contributor
135 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to go in Cyprus for windsurfing snorkelling

My advise for 3 girls in Cyprus is Ayia Napa (for windsurfing etc). I stayed at Faros Hotel Ayia Napa (booked through their site) and it was great. Very affortable and beautiful. You also get the nightlife activity at Agia Napa which will make you stay even mor pleasant. You also drive 10 minutes to Protaras for additional amazing beaches. Now if you are into diving, then definitely Larnaka, which has this amazing diving experience of "Zenovia" ship. I wouldn't stay at the North Site as it is 100 years back!