We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 day in luxembourg city.. what to do?

Baguio, Philippines
Level Contributor
73 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
1 day in luxembourg city.. what to do?

hi guys!

I am planning to do a day trip to Luxembourg city.. I will be arriving at around 10am and will be leaving back around 7pm by train... Do you have any suggestions how I should do my itinerary? I am more of a sightsee person and not really interested with museums... where should I start my tour from the train station?

and by the way, I plan to do it on foot.. is it possible? thanks

Luxembourg
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 day in luxembourg city.. what to do?

Hi,

As Luxembourg-city is pretty small you can easily visit everything on foot. If you get tired of walking you can take buses to turn around as they are a good deal.

From the train station I would suggest to walk up Avenue de la liberté or avenue de la Gare to the city center. And if the weather allows it you can have a stroll through the beautiful city-parks or you can visit the undergroung casemates. You will see the contrast between the modern part of the city and the old town. Don't forget to take a walk at the Corniche where you have beautiful views on the old part of the city and the fortification. It's just beautiful!

If at the end you still have time, I would go to the Kirchberg district to see all the modern buildings from the european institutions and the great Philharmony with the museum of Modern Art behing. It's worth seeing the building.

You can find all the information about what to do here: www.visitluxembourg.com

Enjoy your stay!

Baguio, Philippines
Level Contributor
73 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 day in luxembourg city.. what to do?

Thank you for the suggestion.. I am wondering if the GRUND is along the way? It seems like Kirchberg is too far for me though... =)

Luxembourg City...
Destination Expert
for Luxembourg City
Level Contributor
1,752 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 day in luxembourg city.. what to do?

Grund is not far from the city centre. You can take the elevator from Plateau du Saint-Esprit, or walk down yourself.

Baguio, Philippines
Level Contributor
73 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 day in luxembourg city.. what to do?

thank you! =)

5. Re: 1 day in luxembourg city.. what to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:26 am, February 18, 2015