We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport transfers in LUXEMBOURG?

Brighton, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Airport transfers in LUXEMBOURG?

Hi all!

I was wondering if any of you had some advice on the best way to get from Luxembourg Airport to the city centre?

I am thinking of using the local rail services, but just wondered if a taxi would be easier as it will take us direct to the hotel.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Luxembourg City...
Destination Expert
for Luxembourg City
Level Contributor
1,654 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport transfers in LUXEMBOURG?

There is no rail link to the airport. There are frequent buses, though, which only take 15 minutes from the airport to the city center. Both bus 9 and bus 16 run between the airport and the city center.

Quainton, United...
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
8,053 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport transfers in LUXEMBOURG?

Don't forget you can simply buy a Brighton to Any Belgian station ticket at www.eurostar.com, then add an Arlon (last stop in Belgium) ticket at www.b-Europe.com.

London to Any Belgian station starts at £79 return, Arlin to Luxembourg €20.80 return.

London to Brussels 1 hour 55, Brussels to Luxembourg runs every hour, no reservation necessary, 3 hours (and very scenic too).

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
38 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport transfers in LUXEMBOURG?

That's excellent, I didn't know that. Thanks for posting this info, this is something I was looking for.

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport transfers in LUXEMBOURG?

Hi does anyone know if the buses are running on boxing day? as planning to come to Luxembourg for Christmas but will be travelling home on boxing day. Also will there be anything open on Christmas day?

Thanks

Luxembourg City...
Destination Expert
for Luxembourg City
Level Contributor
1,654 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport transfers in LUXEMBOURG?

On Boxing day, the buses run on a Sunday schedule, i.e. three buses per hour.

On Christmas day, shops are closed. Some museums and restaurants will be open. The christmas market will be open as well, of course.

6. Re: Airport transfers in LUXEMBOURG?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 17, 2014