We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train travel

ohio
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
train travel

My son is going to study at Luxembourg this coming may and will be arriving into cdg airport on May 13th around 10:30. Can someone please help me with train times and schedule between the airport and getting him to Esch/Alzette station in Lux?

Luxembourg
Level Contributor
5,771 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: train travel

Train schedule from Paris to Luxembourg

http://www.tgv.com/

There are frequent trains from Luxembourg Ville to Esch.-sur-Alzette, check here …hafas.de/hafas/query.exe/en…

The are frequent RER trains from CDG to Paris-Nord (Gare du Nord). The TGV (high speed train) however leaves from Paris-Est (Gare de l'Est).

To get an overview of the journey go to this link of the German railway (yes) and enter exactly as follows:

www.bahn.de/international/view/en/index.shtml

Note: don't get confused, there is a train station and area in Paris called Luxembourg.

Luxembourg
Level Contributor
5,771 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: train travel

I just went on the TGV USA web site which directs me to Raileurope and that site seems to be useless. Use the German railway web site, or click on the Luxembourg logo in the TGV site.

Luxembourg
Level Contributor
5,771 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: train travel

I checked TGV-Europe.com

Departures from Paris-Est for May 13th are at:

12:39 16:19 17:39 18:39 19:39.

Note: the 12:39 takes 4 hrs and the others 2 hrs.

ohio
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: train travel

thanks so much. this is very helpful. yes I also kept getting sent back to the other websights for the metro station in Paris.

5. Re: train travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 pm, October 22, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Esch-sur-Alzette
More Esch-sur-Alzette Topics