We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

battle of the bulge tour

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
battle of the bulge tour

Does anyone know of a day tour to Battle of the Bulge from Luxembourg? I am traveling by train from Amsterdam to Luxembourg and then on to Paris. The only reason I am planning on Lux is the WWII study I am conducting and I want to visit the American cemetery and Battle of Bulge sites. If there is a better course of action I would welcome the advice.

Level Contributor
5,732 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: battle of the bulge tour

You may want to have a look at this thread there is lots of information that could be of interest to you tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g190340-i789-k3937…

Luxembourg City...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: battle of the bulge tour

There is not much to see in Bastogne near the Battle of the Bulge at this time as the main Memorial and a few other things are under renovation for the upcoming 70th anniversary. The American Cemtery in Luxembourg is always open and General Patton is buried there.

There is no American cemetary near the Battle of the Bulge, it is further North near Liege in Belgium www.abmc.gov/cemeteries/cemeteries/hc.php

There is a fantastic Museum near the cemetary that is awesome, you get a personal tour from the owners, who were small children living in the area during the war.

email me directly or fb if you want more help. History is the best part about being in Europe.

3. Re: battle of the bulge tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 28, 2015