We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Klaksvik restaurants?

Merritt Island...
Level Contributor
1 post
35 reviews
Save Topic
Klaksvik restaurants?

I, too, will be stopping in Klaksvik via Royal Carib on September 8th or 9th, 2013. I believe that the seafood there would be a treat. I would love to have perhaps a lobster lunch in Klaksvik but am finding it difficult to locate restaurant names in the town. I am not ambitious enough to go on any excursions but truly enjoy good, fresh seafood with a glass of wine. Perhaps the cruise ship will have a port bus that will drop us off at the city center and, if I had the name of a good restaurant, I could find it on my own and just enjoy a short afternoon, a wonderful meal, and a relaxing day. Thanks for any suggestions. Dona

Torshavn
Level Contributor
501 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Klaksvik restaurants?

I am sorry to disappoint you, but if you would really like to have a good meal then I would rather recommend Tórshavn. Klaksvik has more only a few fast foods and some modest restaurants, but you will not find anything special in them. You will definetely not find lobster.

Here you can have a look: www.visitfaroeislands.com/Default.aspx…

I know only Pizza 67 which sells, as the name already states, pizza (very good otherwise) and some Mexican adapted dishes. And Herford, which sells steaks.

To be honest, the only reason cruises ships moor in Klaksvik is because of the lower harbour taxes, because, as a town , it doesn't have too much to offer in terms of touristic atractions or places to eat (and now I made a lot of people mad, but that's the true).

Edited: 7:17 pm, July 09, 2013
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Klaksvik restaurants?

But it does have Mother Nature, and the sounds of silence, that's enough for me :-)) I understand your point though.

Edited: 12:39 am, July 11, 2013
Torshavn
Level Contributor
501 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Klaksvik restaurants?

Yes, maybe, but be sure it will not be the same after one year spent in the Faroes. You feel in one way when you travel, in a completely other when you actually live here.

4. Re: Klaksvik restaurants?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 am, August 03, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Klaksvik
More Klaksvik Topics