We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to pack for one week, HELP!

Which Valletta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york
Level Contributor
199 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
What to pack for one week, HELP!

Have a week's vacation in mid october for 2 day legal conference .

I am in twenties and going with bf.

What is temperature usually like?

Is it generally OK if I wandered around the tourist sites in just shorts/bikini top or will I get looks?

Also, thong bikinis OK on the beaches in malta?

Any packing suggestions most welcome.

Leicester,England
Level Contributor
217 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to pack for one week, HELP!

Malta in October can be warm and sunny, or cool and windy - its in the lap of the Gods! Pack for both, even on the sunny days its likely to get cool in the evenings. Reaction to dress at tourist sites will depend on the site, though many of the best are religious in nature so let common sense prevail. Beach wear is fine, on beaches, might some glances on the street. Enjot your stay

new york
Level Contributor
199 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to pack for one week, HELP!

Thnaks thebranch.

But exactly how conservative is malta?

ie am I ok sunbathing in bikini on beaches or am I expected to cover up when entering restaurants etc. I really have no idea; just been told that it it 'not like spain'.

Any clothing/packing advice would be useful.

thanks

Malta Europe
Level Contributor
453 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: What to pack for one week, HELP!

NON _ Legal reply ... if you are pretty and dress little , people will loooook at you. Of Course.

The weather is not so hot, so you might be the only one with a bikini top. People will look at you. Of course.

Legally, the short version says beachwear for the beach. Not tourist sites or streets. If somebody objects, you will see the court system from within and that will cost you minimum 1 day off your holiday. Of course you may plead professional interest ....

That said, the nightlife crowds in Paceville (especially 14-20 year olds) seem to revel in revelations...

Leicester,England
Level Contributor
217 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to pack for one week, HELP!

Like I said, and eleno too, beachwear for the beach, but cover more on the streets. Malta is not desperately conservative, no need for a burkka, but they are very decent people, and don't need to see more than they want. would you want to walk down a street in downtown Manhatten in a bikini?

uk
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo
Level Contributor
1,935 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What to pack for one week, HELP!

it is ok to travel around in shorts and bikinis but in towns the dress coed is tops and shorts etc.

6. Re: What to pack for one week, HELP!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:26 am, August 25, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Valletta