We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best district to stay in valletta?

Which Valletta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
san diego
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Best district to stay in valletta?

I know this can be subjective. Is there a preferred area of Valletta or bay side to stay in? The resorts seem somewhat removed from main area of the city and course some would prefer that. What would be considered the most desired place to be located to explore the Valletta area? Thanks.

hampshire_UK
Level Contributor
1,401 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Best district to stay in valletta?

Valletta is very busy during the day but come evening, apart from the waterfront, will appear almost deserted. There are many bars and restaurants still open so you would find plenty of places to eat/drink. Sliema, however, is fairly busy all the time and there is no shortage of places to go in the evening. It is also only a short hop to St Julians for more choice of and, in my opinion, better restaurants. I would check out reviews of the Sliema Marina though, it gets very mixed reviews as do many other hotels along the seafront - many have lots of internal rooms with no views so worth considering paying for the SV.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Best district to stay in valletta?

We have gone for the The Marina Hotel Sliema with seaview as it appears to have good links to Valletta with the ferry just outside and easy access to bus stops as well thanks for the information as we stayed in St Julians last time and found the bus and ferry to be great then.

Edited: 9:55 am, June 15, 2014
13. Re: Best district to stay in valletta?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 17, 2015