We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

self catering for a family in Malta.near the beach.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
118 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
self catering for a family in Malta.near the beach.

I want to book a holiday for Malta this October. We are a family of 2 kids, one 7 and one 16 yrs old. we like to stay near the beach and anywhere where we can easily access supermarket if we are going self catering. We can opt for a half board too as long as it is easy access to the beach, rocky beach is preferrable as my hubby does sunset and sunrise photography. Thank you

sydney australia
Level Contributor
2,195 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: self catering for a family in Malta.near the beach.

click on Holiday Rentals on the top..suggest Sliema or www.ownersdirect.co.uk there are other websites too for rentals just do a google search. Though Oct may not be as busy the really good apts may still be unavailable. Others in past have suggested the Park Hotel in Sliema for apartment style rooms.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: self catering for a family in Malta.near the beach.

Have a look at the ONEX apartments in ST.Julians supermarket around the corner restaurants a plenty places like the Avenue are ideal for families and if he walks through the Hilton complex he will get the photos he wants. You can also walk all along the promenade to Sliema which is completely rocky seafront where he can get great shots. If you travel a short distance to St Georges Bay you have a small man made sandy beach for the kids and he can go a wandering along the shore behind the Radisson hotel.

The Park hotel in Sliema is also a nice hotel it has a pool on the roof and an indoor pool and not a bad breakfast and they have music during the weekend with a big screen tv that show the football and some films.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
118 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: self catering for a family in Malta.near the beach.

Thank you. That's very helpful advise.

canada
Level Contributor
54 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: self catering for a family in Malta.near the beach.

I use homeaway which is another site for apartment rentals. I have been looking at two three bedroom apartments overlooking the sea at St. Georges bay. You also can't go wrong in St. Julians/Sliema. There are numerous seafront units that would be suitable, plus you are very close to transportation, supermarkets and great restaurants. Your 16 year old should also like the activity in the area-I know mine does. If you want specifics on apartments let me know

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
118 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: self catering for a family in Malta.near the beach.

Thank you so much for your help. I wonder if Melieha isnt far from the beach?im looking at Solana hotel in Melieha they have self catering options but not sure how far this hotel from yhe beach and supermarkets. Thank you again

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Saint Julian's
Level Contributor
2,780 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: self catering for a family in Malta.near the beach.

The Solana is in Mellieha Village which is situated about a mile up the hill from the beach at Mellieha Bay and which can be reached easily by bus, or by foot if the weather is not too bad. This is a sandy beach and may not be what your husband is lookong for. My recommendation would be to take a look at the Park Hotel in Sliema which also has self catering apartments together with a rooftop and indoor pool which is situated close to the rocky beaches around Sliema and the Promenade linking Sliema to St Julians. Sliema will offer more options in terms of restaurants and shops and some excellent views to photograph.

Rabat, Malta
Level Contributor
9 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: self catering for a family in Malta.near the beach.

Have a look at Sunseeker Holiday Complex too

Rabat, Malta
Level Contributor
9 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: self catering for a family in Malta.near the beach.

Have a look at Sunseeker Holiday Complex in Bugibba too. Beaches a 20 min bus ride away.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
118 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: self catering for a family in Malta.near the beach.

Thanks for that! I have already booked Solana but il try change it to a place in Sliema if I can find one. Didnt realize the beach is about a mile from Solana hotel and its not rocky :-(

Thanks!

10. Re: self catering for a family in Malta.near the beach.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, September 05, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Valletta